    and how can I stop it from doing that?
    Help is appreciated!
    Thank you!
    dreamer, Dec 4, 2003

  2. dreamer

    docmill Guest

    "dreamer" <> wrote in
    news:7kwzb.298209$ao4.1023568@attbi_s51:

    > I frequently search for items on my PC using the search function from the
    > start menu. I also have zone alarm pro installed on my PC. Everytime I
    > open up search ZA asks me if I want to allow windows explorer to access the
    > internet, I always choose no. After the search has found the item, I click
    > on stop button to stop the search, and then I click on the item, a pic for
    > example, and then return to the search window when done, and every time I
    > find that the search has automatically began searching again. Why is this,
    > and how can I stop it from doing that?
    > Help is appreciated!
    > Thank you!

    Might be something here.
    http://www.pcworld.com/howto/article/0,aid,78055,00.asp

    --
    +++++++++++++ SEND ME A LINK +++++++++++
    Docmill's "Home of Hot Links in the FryingSpam"
    docmill, Dec 4, 2003

  3. dreamer

    Bumblebee Guest

    On Thu, 04 Dec 2003 01:44:35 GMT,"dreamer" posted ...

    >I frequently search for items on my PC using the search function from the
    >start menu. I also have zone alarm pro installed on my PC. Everytime I
    >open up search ZA asks me if I want to allow windows explorer to access the
    >internet, I always choose no.

    It is a PITA, the following works for me and if you have any problems
    with it you can simply change it back.

    Go into ZA -> Program Control -> Programs tab. Scroll down to Windows
    Explorer, block "Access" both Trusted & Internet also "Server" both
    Trusted & Internet.

    While you are in there I suggest you block other programs that start
    with the word "Microsoft". It will make your life easier. :)

    --

    Chris Bee
    Bumblebee, Dec 4, 2003