    When I search for a word in the file that I know exists I get no results,
    however if I enter a word that is part of the filename it returns the
    correct files. Find /i "pattern" in the shell works.

    Martik, May 9, 2004

  2. Martik

    Unk Guest

    On Sun, 09 May 2004 20:57:23 GMT, "Martik" <martik@_nospam_telus.net> wrote:

    >When I search for a word in the file that I know exists I get no results,
    >however if I enter a word that is part of the filename it returns the
    >correct files. Find /i "pattern" in the shell works.

    Double-Click "My Computer", double-click the "Local Disk (C:)
    Click "Tools", "Folder Options", click the "View" tab, under "Files and
    Folders", check everything except "Do not cache thumbnails"

    Under "Hidden files and Folders", check "Show hidden files and folders"
    Uncheck "Hide extensions....", and "Hide protected......"
    check the box, "Remember each folder's view setting", click "Apply", "OK"

    Resources tol make the "Search" work as well as that in Win98:

    Windows XP Search Problems
    http://www.dougknox.com/xp/tips/xp_search_probs.htm

    Enable/Disable Searching Files with unregistered extensions
    http://www.dougknox.com/xp/utils/xp_filefilter.htm

    Improve Windows XP's search facility
    http://www.thirdstar.net/beeline/Improve_XP_Search.htm

    Disable Search Assistant (Line 15, Right Column)

    Old Style Search Engine On/Off (Line 49, Left Column)

    Use TweakUI, Explorer section to set Classic Search:

    Unk, May 10, 2004