Search history clear

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by Glassman, Jun 1, 2006.

  1. Glassman

    Glassman Guest

    Glassman, Jun 1, 2006

  2. Glassman

    Miller Guest

    *Glassman* wrote on 01.06.06 04:02:
    > Is there a way to selectively clear the search history, and not the
    > entire thing? In IE you can highlight each item and hit delete.

    Highlight the unwanted entry and press shift-delete.
    Works also in formfields IIRC.

    cu, M

    Miller, Jun 1, 2006

  3. Glassman

    Glassman Guest

    "Miller" <> wrote in message
    > *Glassman* wrote on 01.06.06 04:02:
    > > Is there a way to selectively clear the search history, and not the
    > > entire thing? In IE you can highlight each item and hit delete.

    > Highlight the unwanted entry and press shift-delete.
    > Works also in formfields IIRC.
    >
    > cu, M

    Doesn't work for me. I'm talking about key word searches that get auto
    completed in a form.

    --

    JK Sinrod
    www.sinrodstudios.com

    Glassman, Jun 6, 2006
  4. Glassman

    Glassman Guest

    "Miller" <> wrote in message
    > *Glassman* wrote on 01.06.06 04:02:
    > > Is there a way to selectively clear the search history, and not the
    > > entire thing? In IE you can highlight each item and hit delete.

    > Highlight the unwanted entry and press shift-delete.
    > Works also in formfields IIRC.
    >
    > cu, M

    OOPS ignore that last post.... sticky key! Thanks

    Glassman, Jun 6, 2006
  5. Glassman

    KDG Guest

    Go to options; privacy, saved forms information, click clear. It won't
    selectively clear search history but it will clear it all.

    KDG, Jun 6, 2006
  6. Glassman

    Realrimas

    Joined:
    Jun 16, 2006
    Messages:
    1
    I know good thing for IE

    Realrimas, Jun 16, 2006
  7. Glassman

    PercivalErasmus

    Joined:
    Jul 11, 2006
    Messages:
    1
    annoyed...

    The main element of the question was to "SELECTIVELY" delete history.

    Everyone knows how to clear all history.

    Your answer annoys me, KDG.

    With a little google searching, I was able to find the answer in 2 minutes time.

    When the history item(either search or address) drops down, move your mouse over it, then hold down SHIFT+ALT+DEL
    It dissappears.

    There's your answer.

    Last edited: Jul 11, 2006
    PercivalErasmus, Jul 11, 2006