    somewhere that you all might recommend ?

    Thanks,
    Bob
    Robert11, Dec 18, 2004

  2. Robert11

    Duane Arnold Guest

    "Robert11" <> wrote in news:g7qdnRoPfI5p81ncRVn-
    :

    > Hello:
    >
    > I don't know if ity's just me, but I sure find the Search function in
    > XP as being really poor, slow, and quirky.
    >
    > Is there a (significantly) better one available as a download from
    > somewhere that you all might recommend ?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Bob

    I don't know what your problem can be with the Search function on XP, other
    than; you simply don't know how to use it. One doesn't have problems with
    the Search feature of all things.

    Duane :)
    Duane Arnold, Dec 18, 2004

  3. Robert11

    Guest

    On Sat, 18 Dec 2004 12:55:05 -0500, "Robert11" <>
    wrote:

    |> Hello:
    |>
    |> I don't know if ity's just me, but I sure find the Search function in
    |> XP as being really poor, slow, and quirky.
    |>
    |> Is there a (significantly) better one available as a download from
    |> somewhere that you all might recommend ?

    I've found Agent ransack meets my needs.
    http://tinyurl.com/6r4pg

    --
    , Dec 18, 2004
  4. Robert11

    Maurice Guest

    Google Desktop Search. Free from the site. Virtually instantaneous.

    --
    Maurice <>
    S.Bucks. UK

    Maurice, Dec 18, 2004
  5. On Sat, 18 Dec 2004 21:48:25 GMT, "Maurice" <>
    wrote:

    >Google Desktop Search. Free from the site. Virtually instantaneous.

    Some years ago,i use a indexing search programm.
    Each night it will build a index (just like google do) and searching
    for some file last only 0,3-0,5 seconds.
    Forgot the name,maybe some searching with "index search" on the
    popular shareware-websites will get some hits...
    Sayso Takewashi, Dec 20, 2004