    Thanks in advance for your help.
    --
    renoch

    =?Utf-8?B?cmVub2No?=, Aug 21, 2005

  2. Thats just the way it is - "crappy". I use one word only "dual" "boot" for
    example.
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa, Aug 21, 2005

  3. The search function doesn't seem to be all that helpful on the web interface
    to this group. I'd suggest using a newsreader such as Outlook Express.
    You'll have better luck.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Aug 21, 2005
  4. In OE, its half way good.

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Aug 21, 2005
  5. =?Utf-8?B?cmVub2No?=

    Mike Guest

    renoch wrote:
    > I have tried to search several issues in this group and always receive a
    > message saying "no topics found". Even when looking at a post about Dual
    > boot, and use that for a key word search, it still shows "no topics found".
    > Is there something wrong with the search function or am I doing something
    > wrong?
    > Thanks in advance for your help.

    Try Thunderbird as your news reader. Even with T'bird I had the same
    problem, I was using the top tool bar, Edit then Find and choosing
    search messages. Crappy as stated. But using the search just above the
    message list works really well. I'm set up with mail/news accounts on
    the left, messages in the remaining top half, and the newsgroup message
    I'm reading in the bottom.

    Try Thunderbird. Its great.

    Mike

    Mike, Aug 21, 2005
  6. This reply is just to say "Thanks" for the newsreader suggestion. I finally
    got it set up and downloaded all the headers 10,600+ of them. Now I can
    search to my hearts content. I have not used Outlook Express for any news
    groups before.

    About a month ago I upgraded my old system with quite a few new goodies
    (nForce4 mobo, AMD 4800+, 7800GTX, 4 WD Raptors in Raid-0, another IDE HD to
    dual boot to Win32 on, etc) and it is running extremely well. Thanks to this
    newsgroup and PlanetAMD64, I had all the device drivers and F6 SATA Raid
    drivers ahead of time to perform a reasonably painless installation. I use
    an HP PSC 750 which works fine on the drivers included on the Win X64 disk,
    including the scan function. The only hardware that is problematic for me is
    my old HP dj3820 that I am convinced HP will never provide drivers for, so I
    will soon replace it.

    All the software I have works fine except Norton Ghost v 9.0 and Autocad
    2000. Ghost installs but does not work and Autocad 2000 will not install.
    Excel 2003, Word 2003, PowerPoint 2003, Visio 2002, Project 2002 all work
    fine along with NERO 6.6 for CD and DVD functions.

    So, a big "THANKS AGAIN". I would surely still be struggling without the
    help of those who provide assistance on this newsgroup.
    --
    renoch

    =?Utf-8?B?cmVub2No?=, Aug 22, 2005
  7. OE is actually reasonably good at newsgroups. Better than it is with mail,
    IMHO. There are certainly others out there, but OE is just good enough (and
    the price is right) that I've never been seriously tempted to change. I've
    downloaded and installed a couple of others, but keep coming back. One thing
    I like about OE is that there's a keyboard way to do pretty much everything.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Aug 22, 2005
  8. =?Utf-8?B?cmVub2No?=

    Barb Bowman Guest

    I'd bet you'd love Agent 3.0 in registered mode. Remind me to show it
    to you in September. There's a keyboarb shortcut for everything. It
    handles multipole newsgroups at once, difference sigs and info for
    each. And the best part is that I run a single copy from my server. I
    can use it over the network from any machine I've got up and running
    and over RDP too. I'm on the Ferrari now, of course, and this setup
    runs great on x64.

    On Sun, 21 Aug 2005 19:45:25 -0700, "Charlie Russel - MVP"
    <> wrote:

    >One thing
    >I like about OE is that there's a keyboard way to do pretty much everything.

    --

    Barb Bowman
    MS Windows-MVP
    Expert Zone Columnist
    http://www.mcemvp.us/bbowman/

    Barb Bowman, Aug 22, 2005
  9. Other than running on the server, that doesn't sound like anything that OE
    doesn't do. (OK, multiple sigs for different newsgroups is a bit of a kludge
    when they're on the same server, but it works.)

    By all means, show me in September. But as long as it's been since OE was
    updated, the wait for Agent 3 was even longer, so I'm not encouraged.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Aug 22, 2005