    Regards,
    --
    websledder_____________*
    =?Utf-8?B?d2Vic2xlZGRlcg==?=, Nov 3, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?d2Vic2xlZGRlcg==?=

    NoNoBadDog! Guest

    "websledder" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Is it my imagination or is the Search For feature not working very well.
    >
    > On 10/28/2005 I posted a message entitled "TV Tuner Card" but when I
    > search
    > for it I get the following:
    >
    > "Your query for "TV Tuner Card" did not return results.
    > The following may help you find the results you were looking for:
    > Check your spelling.
    > Enter a term or phrase that's less specific.
    > Try different phrasing.
    > Try fewer words.
    >
    > Just some feedback Microsoft.
    > Regards,
    > --
    > websledder_____________*

    Perhaps if you used a Newsreader instead of a web browser to access Usenet
    Groups, you would be pleasantly surprised how easy it is to organize and
    search for posts.

    Bobby
    NoNoBadDog!, Nov 3, 2005

  3. It's apparently useless. Alternatives are Google or using a real newsreader
    that will let you search. But the Web interface doesn't search this NG well
    at all.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Nov 3, 2005
  4. I use Outlook Express which comes with Windows for free.
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Nov 3, 2005
  5. Andre,
    Thank you. I was unaware that Outlook Express could be used to access forums.
    Dumb question: how does one set it up? I went to Tools -> Accounts and it
    gives me choices for mail, news or directory services. Not sure if I use
    this to enter a Forum or not, and what type of address to enter.
    Would appreciate any help. Thx.
    Regards,
    --
    websledder_____________*

    =?Utf-8?B?d2Vic2xlZGRlcg==?=, Nov 10, 2005
  6. Select Tools->Accounts->Add->News

    Server: msnews.microsoft.com
    No password or account name required. (but DO mung your email address to
    avoid viri and spam. )

    newsgroup is: microsoft.public.windows.64bit.general

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Nov 10, 2005