    over a thousand results cuz it seems 899 files are from other people who
    left messages on my newsgroups.

    Thanks in Advance for any help given.
    Chad S, Jul 15, 2007

  2. Chad S

    why? Guest

    On Sun, 15 Jul 2007 17:14:20 GMT, Chad S wrote:

    >I'm on Windows Vista and every time that I want to search for a file, it
    >comes up with all the messages in this newsgroup and only right at the

    Why would you want to stop the ever so helpful features MS give you to
    help find stuff?

    >bottom of it do I find files that call themselves by the names that I'm

    Sort the list in reverse order, then they are at the top :)

    >searching for.
    >
    >Is there any way to stop my search facility searching through all the
    >messages on my email and only search my computer thus not coming up with
    >over a thousand results cuz it seems 899 files are from other people who
    >left messages on my newsgroups.
    >
    >Thanks in Advance for any help given.

    Built in Vista Help or maybe MS Online Vista help about searching.
    http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Windows/en-US/Help/73106209-6df0-432a-8cb7-df5d8ce02ec61033.mspx
    To customize your search, click the Advanced Search button in the Search
    folder. Here, you can change any of the following:

    Location. By default, the Search folder looks in a set of locations
    called Indexed Locations. This includes all of the folders in your
    personal folder (which includes Documents, Pictures, Music, Desktop, and
    other common locations), e-mail, and offline files. You can add
    additional locations to Indexed Locations if you commonly store files in
    different locations. For more information, see Improve Windows searches
    using the index: frequently asked questions. Alternatively, you can
    choose to search a different set of locations, though any searches on
    files that have not been indexed will be slower.

    Links to troubleshooting
    http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Windows/en-US/Help/56cdc9d9-597e-4ea5-bd62-24eb8abaafa31033.mspx

    Improve search with index
    http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Windows/en-US/Help/68dd14f2-a9cb-4134-a076-b8abb011a1f61033.mspx