    engine?
    TIA
    Windows XP Pro SP3
    bardeban, Nov 21, 2010

  2. bardeban

    Old Gringo38 Guest

    On Sun, 21 Nov 2010 17:27:55 -0500, bardeban wrote:

    > Currently my search engine is BING as default.
    > I tried many times to change it to Google and set it as default.
    > But when CLICKING on Google to set it up as my search engine, NOTHING
    > happens, looks like it is BLOCKED!?
    > Is there any specific way of doing that and set the Google as my search
    > engine?
    > TIA
    > Windows XP Pro SP3

    Depending on how Bing got to be the default search engine and what
    Browser you are talking about will play big part in resolving the
    issue.
    --
    11/21/2010 4:40:24 PM CST
    Just West Of Nowhere
    Old Gringo38, Nov 21, 2010

  3. bardeban

    bardeban Guest

    "Evan Platt" <> wrote in message
    > On Sun, 21 Nov 2010 17:27:55 -0500, "bardeban" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>Currently my search engine is BING as default.
    >>I tried many times to change it to Google and set it as default.
    >>But when CLICKING on Google to set it up as my search engine, NOTHING
    >>happens, looks like it is BLOCKED!?
    >>Is there any specific way of doing that and set the Google as my search
    >>engine?

    > May want to try googling how to change the default search engine for
    > whatever web browser you're using.
    > --
    > To reply via e-mail, remove The Obvious and .invalid from my e-mail
    > address.

    I am using IE8 and tried every one of them where they are suggested, but
    when CLICKING on google , NOTHING happens, like the tab that says "ad to IE"
    is not responding.??!!
    bardeban, Nov 21, 2010
  4. bardeban

    bardeban Guest

    "Old Gringo38" <> wrote in message
    > On Sun, 21 Nov 2010 17:27:55 -0500, bardeban wrote:
    >
    >> Currently my search engine is BING as default.
    >> I tried many times to change it to Google and set it as default.
    >> But when CLICKING on Google to set it up as my search engine, NOTHING
    >> happens, looks like it is BLOCKED!?
    >> Is there any specific way of doing that and set the Google as my search
    >> engine?
    >> TIA
    >> Windows XP Pro SP3

    > Depending on how Bing got to be the default search engine and what
    > Browser you are talking about will play big part in resolving the
    > issue.
    > --
    > 11/21/2010 4:40:24 PM CST
    > Just West Of Nowhere
    > Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest
    > Support Bacteria: It Is The Only Culture Some People Have

    I don't know how BING became the DEFAULT search engine, I just installed
    fresh copy of XP on my laptop and when in internet on the top right hand
    corner of screen, says BING in search box.
    My browser is IE8
    bardeban, Nov 21, 2010
  5. bardeban

    Old Gringo38 Guest

    On Sun, 21 Nov 2010 17:46:10 -0500, bardeban wrote:

    > "Old Gringo38" <> wrote in message
    >> On Sun, 21 Nov 2010 17:27:55 -0500, bardeban wrote:
    >>
    >>> Currently my search engine is BING as default.
    >>> I tried many times to change it to Google and set it as default.
    >>> But when CLICKING on Google to set it up as my search engine, NOTHING
    >>> happens, looks like it is BLOCKED!?
    >>> Is there any specific way of doing that and set the Google as my search
    >>> engine?
    >>> TIA
    >>> Windows XP Pro SP3

    >> Depending on how Bing got to be the default search engine and what
    >> Browser you are talking about will play big part in resolving the
    >> issue.
    >> --
    >> 11/21/2010 4:40:24 PM CST
    >> Just West Of Nowhere
    >> Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest
    >> Support Bacteria: It Is The Only Culture Some People Have

    > I don't know how BING became the DEFAULT search engine, I just installed
    > fresh copy of XP on my laptop and when in internet on the top right hand
    > corner of screen, says BING in search box.
    > My browser is IE8

    The only way I have ever done this is using the drop down window and
    selecting the choice there. Has always worked for me. If you have
    some kind of 3rd party toolbar installed you may have to make the
    change from there. If you are using a 3rd party version of IE8 that
    could make a difference also, Like IE8 for MSN etc.
    --
    11/21/2010 4:55:47 PM CST
    Old Gringo38, Nov 21, 2010
  6. bardeban

    bardeban Guest

    "bardeban" <> wrote in message

    > "Old Gringo38" <> wrote in message
    >> On Sun, 21 Nov 2010 17:27:55 -0500, bardeban wrote:
    >>
    >>> Currently my search engine is BING as default.
    >>> I tried many times to change it to Google and set it as default.
    >>> But when CLICKING on Google to set it up as my search engine, NOTHING
    >>> happens, looks like it is BLOCKED!?
    >>> Is there any specific way of doing that and set the Google as my search
    >>> engine?
    >>> TIA
    >>> Windows XP Pro SP3

    >> Depending on how Bing got to be the default search engine and what
    >> Browser you are talking about will play big part in resolving the
    >> issue.
    >> --
    >> 11/21/2010 4:40:24 PM CST
    >> Just West Of Nowhere
    >> Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest
    >> Support Bacteria: It Is The Only Culture Some People Have

    > I don't know how BING became the DEFAULT search engine, I just installed
    > fresh copy of XP on my laptop and when in internet on the top right hand
    > corner of screen, says BING in search box.
    > My browser is IE8

    Reinstalled IE8 and in the option box I selected GOOGLE as my default search
    engine.
    BING is DEFAULT search engine when installing fresh copy of XP!

    bardeban, Nov 25, 2010
  7. bardeban

    Old Gringo38 Guest

    On Thu, 25 Nov 2010 17:47:24 -0500, bardeban wrote:

    > "bardeban" <> wrote in message
    >>

    >> "Old Gringo38" <> wrote in message

    >>> Depending on how Bing got to be the default search engine and what
    >>> Browser you are talking about will play big part in resolving the
    >>> issue.
    >>> --
    >>> 11/21/2010 4:40:24 PM CST
    >>> Just West Of Nowhere
    >>> Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest
    >>> Support Bacteria: It Is The Only Culture Some People Have

    >> I don't know how BING became the DEFAULT search engine, I just installed
    >> fresh copy of XP on my laptop and when in internet on the top right hand
    >> corner of screen, says BING in search box.
    >> My browser is IE8

    > Reinstalled IE8 and in the option box I selected GOOGLE as my default search
    > engine.
    > BING is DEFAULT search engine when installing fresh copy of XP!

    Glad you got it. Happy Thanksgiving.
    --
    11/25/2010 6:48:34 PM CST
    Old Gringo38, Nov 26, 2010