    gets hi-jacked now and then, is there a way to prevent this happening?
    Win XP home ed.

    Thank you

    ?, Jan 19, 2004

  2. ?

    Harrison Guest

    Download, install, update, and run the following programs:
    Adaware - http://www.lavasoftusa.com/
    Spybot Search and Destroy - http://security.kolla.de/
    Spyware Blaster - http://www.wilderssecurity.net/spywareblaster.html

    The first two find and root out spyware, adware, hijackers, and
    dialers.
    The third one will protect your system from further infection by such
    diseases.

    Download and run hijackthis from http://mjc1.com/mirror/hjt/
    and paste the results here for further review.

    Harrison, Jan 19, 2004

  3. ?

    °Mike° Guest

    CWShredder

    Spybot Search & Destroy
    http://spybot.eon.net.au/
    http://www.safer-networking.org/
    SpyBot S&D guide

    Ad-Aware
    http://www.lavasoftusa.com/

    Spyware Blaster

    On Mon, 19 Jan 2004 17:59:12 -0000, in
    <400c1aef$0$16728$>
    ? scrawled:

    >Can someone tell me how to get rid of an interloping search engine?
    >Something called wwwcoolsearch has hi-jacked my machine! Also, my home page
    >gets hi-jacked now and then, is there a way to prevent this happening?
    >Win XP home ed.
    >
    >Thank you

    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Jan 19, 2004