    --
    ----------------------------------
    Patrick D. Rockwell

    Patrick D. Rockwell, Sep 29, 2006

  2. Patrick D. Rockwell

    pcbutts1 Guest

    1-800-us search http://www.intelius.com

    pcbutts1, Sep 29, 2006

  3. Patrick D. Rockwell

    Vanguard Guest

    "pcbutts1" wrote in message ...
    <posting order corrected>
    <spam signature deleted>

    > "Patrick D. Rockwell" wrote ...
    >> Are there any Search Engines out there which for FREE will help you
    >> search
    >> for someone by Social Security Number? If not for free, then one
    >> that's cheap?
    >>
    >> I found one that would require $54.00 to do the job. If you know of
    >> ANY that will do this, please let me know. Thanks in advance.

    > 1-800-us search http://www.intelius.com

    $49.95 is pretty close to the $54 mentioned by the OP. Also, you
    cannot search just by the SSN. You also have to provide the lastname.

    http://www.usatrace.com/ is a bit cheaper at $38 but they also require
    a lastname.

    http://www.findafriend.com/ is $15 but looks to provide only minimal
    information.

    The OP could just go find one by searching Google, too.
    http://www.google.com/search?q=%2Bsearch+%2B"social+security+number"

    Vanguard, Sep 29, 2006
  4. Patrick D. Rockwell

    richard Guest

    > Are there any Search Engines out there which for FREE will help you search
    > for someone by Social Security Number? If not for free, then one that's
    > cheap?
    >
    > I found one that would require $54.00 to do the job. If you know of ANY
    > that
    > will do this, please let me know. Thanks in advance.

    SSN's are not public information. What you wind up paying for is mostly from
    death records.
    Unless you are entitled to knowing who owns a particular SSN, you could be
    in violation of the 1975 act which makes that knowledge illegal.
    You can call the IRS directly and for free, they will tell if you a person
    is the owner of that SSN, but nothing more.

    Why do you want to know who owns any particular SSN?

    richard, Sep 29, 2006
  5. Patrick D. Rockwell

    Top Guest

    On Thu, 28 Sep 2006 21:04:33 -0500, Vanguard wrote:

    > "pcbutts1" wrote in message ...
    > <posting order corrected>
    > <spam signature deleted>
    >>
    >> "Patrick D. Rockwell" wrote ...
    >>> Are there any Search Engines out there which for FREE will help you
    >>> search
    >>> for someone by Social Security Number? If not for free, then one
    >>> that's cheap?
    >>>
    >>> I found one that would require $54.00 to do the job. If you know of
    >>> ANY that will do this, please let me know. Thanks in advance.

    >> 1-800-us search http://www.intelius.com

    > $49.95 is pretty close to the $54 mentioned by the OP. Also, you
    > cannot search just by the SSN. You also have to provide the lastname.
    >
    > http://www.usatrace.com/ is a bit cheaper at $38 but they also require
    > a lastname.
    >
    > http://www.findafriend.com/ is $15 but looks to provide only minimal
    > information.
    >
    > The OP could just go find one by searching Google, too.
    > http://www.google.com/search?q=%2Bsearch+%2B"social+security+number"

    I wasn't the one that asked for that but thanks, I've wanted to find an
    old Army buddy and this may be what I need.

    Top

    Top, Sep 29, 2006
  6. "richard" <> wrote in message

    > "Patrick D. Rockwell" <> wrote in message
    >> Are there any Search Engines out there which for FREE will help you
    >> search
    >> for someone by Social Security Number? If not for free, then one that's
    >> cheap?
    >>
    >> I found one that would require $54.00 to do the job. If you know of ANY
    >> that
    >> will do this, please let me know. Thanks in advance.

    > SSN's are not public information. What you wind up paying for is mostly
    > from death records.
    > Unless you are entitled to knowing who owns a particular SSN, you could be
    > in violation of the 1975 act which makes that knowledge illegal.
    > You can call the IRS directly and for free, they will tell if you a person
    > is the owner of that SSN, but nothing more.
    >
    > Why do you want to know who owns any particular SSN?

    A friend of mine needs to track down her ex-husband. Thanks be
    to those who have and will reply. :)

    --
    ----------------------------------
    Patrick D. Rockwell

    Patrick D. Rockwell, Sep 29, 2006
  7. Patrick D. Rockwell

    Au79 Guest

    Patrick D. Rockwell wrote:

    > "richard" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Patrick D. Rockwell" <> wrote in message
    >>> Are there any Search Engines out there which for FREE will help you
    >>> search
    >>> for someone by Social Security Number? If not for free, then one that's
    >>> cheap?
    >>>
    >>> I found one that would require $54.00 to do the job. If you know of ANY
    >>> that
    >>> will do this, please let me know. Thanks in advance.

    >> SSN's are not public information. What you wind up paying for is mostly
    >> from death records.
    >> Unless you are entitled to knowing who owns a particular SSN, you could
    >> be in violation of the 1975 act which makes that knowledge illegal.
    >> You can call the IRS directly and for free, they will tell if you a
    >> person is the owner of that SSN, but nothing more.
    >>
    >> Why do you want to know who owns any particular SSN?

    > A friend of mine needs to track down her ex-husband. Thanks be
    > to those who have and will reply. :)

    SSN numbers are a very sensitive topic to discuss so freely. Your friend is
    better off hiring a private investigator for this task since they are
    already knowledgable about procedures.

    http://rixstep.com/1/20040719,00.shtml
    http://free.thelinuxstore.ca/

    Au79, Sep 30, 2006
  8. Patrick D. Rockwell posted for all of us...

    > A friend of mine needs to track down her ex-husband

    Why? To harass him?
    --
    Tekkie "There's no such thing as a tool I don't need."

    =?iso-8859-15?Q?Tekkie=AE?=, Sep 30, 2006
  9. Patrick D. Rockwell

    lvpi Guest

    www.emailrevealer.com $25 up to $39 No Hit No Fee

    lvpi, Oct 1, 2006
  10. "richard" <> wrote in message

    > "Patrick D. Rockwell" <> wrote in message
    >> Are there any Search Engines out there which for FREE will help you
    >> search
    >> for someone by Social Security Number? If not for free, then one that's
    >> cheap?
    >>
    >> I found one that would require $54.00 to do the job. If you know of ANY
    >> that
    >> will do this, please let me know. Thanks in advance.

    > SSN's are not public information. What you wind up paying for is mostly
    > from death records.
    > Unless you are entitled to knowing who owns a particular SSN, you could be
    > in violation of the 1975 act which makes that knowledge illegal.
    > You can call the IRS directly and for free, they will tell if you a person
    > is the owner of that SSN, but nothing more.
    >
    > Why do you want to know who owns any particular SSN?

    A friend of mine wants to track down her ex-husband and she has only
    his Social Security Number. Thanks be to everyone who has replied and
    will add further replies.

    My appologies if this seems like a duplicate post but when I checked this
    newsgroup,
    I couldn't see my original reply to you question.

    --
    Patrick D. Rockwell

    Patrick D. Rockwell, Oct 3, 2006