  1. Snooky

    Snooky Guest

    Does this add the option to add search engines automatically? There's an online auction site I use frequently and today on the search bar it had the option to add that into the search bar...

    Snooky, Nov 2, 2006

  2. Snooky

    Miller Guest

    *Snooky* wrote on 02.11.06 04:24:
    > Does this add the option to add search engines automatically? There's an online auction site I use frequently and today on the search bar it had the option to add that into the search bar...

    Which program are you talking about?
    Mozilla, Seamonkey, Firefox 1.5.x, Firefox 2.0...?

    Miller, Nov 2, 2006

  3. Snooky

    Snooky Guest

    Miller wrote:
    > *Snooky* wrote on 02.11.06 04:24:
    >> Does this add the option to add search engines automatically?
    >> There's an online auction site I use frequently and today on the
    >> search bar it had the option to add that into the search bar...

    > Which program are you talking about? Mozilla, Seamonkey, Firefox
    > 1.5.x, Firefox 2.0...?

    2.0, considering that the above isn't applicable in any of the other programs you mentioned.

    Snooky, Nov 2, 2006
  4. Snooky wrote:
    > Miller wrote:
    >> *Snooky* wrote on 02.11.06 04:24:
    >>> Does this add the option to add search engines automatically?
    >>> There's an online auction site I use frequently and today on the
    >>> search bar it had the option to add that into the search bar...

    >> Which program are you talking about? Mozilla, Seamonkey, Firefox
    >> 1.5.x, Firefox 2.0...?

    > 2.0, considering that the above isn't applicable in any of the other
    > programs you mentioned.

    Its a good idea, when asking for support, to state the application, and
    exact version. Its also a good idea to state your exact OS version,
    since paths can vary.

    Search engines can be added in the Mozilla Suite, SeaMonkey, Firefox
    1.0, FF 1.5, and FF 2.0, so Miller's question was quite valid. Your OP
    was not at all clear.

    At the left of the Search bar, there is a drop down. At the bottom of
    the list of pre installed search plugins, you will see Manage Search
    Engines.

    You will find many search plugins that can be added.

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Nov 2, 2006
  5. Snooky

    Snooky Guest

    > You will find many search plugins that can be added.

    What happened on my system was that one was automatically added there - well, almost added - an option appeared in the Search Engine drop down menu giving me the option to add a search for the auction site, which I did, and now it's in there.

    I'd just never heard anyone discuss this feature before that's all . . . .

    Snooky, Nov 2, 2006