    mean once I subscribe it recognizes me as a subscriber and messages
    marked as read, stay that way?
    Thanks

    Moose Breath, May 2, 2009

  2. Moose Breath

    Mike Easter Guest

    Moose Breath wrote:
    > Every time I click on a news group I'am already subscribed, I get a
    > question "would you like to subscribe".

    Something is wrong.

    > Upsets me is when I click "yes"

    What happens if you say no?

    > all the messages I marked days ago as
    > "read" show as unread.

    > Is there any way to force it to work like old Netscape was working? I
    > mean once I subscribe it recognizes me as a subscriber and messages
    > marked as read, stay that way?

    SeaMonkey/ Tbird/ IceDove/ IceApe are all supposed to be able to remember
    your subscriptions properly.

    If it isn't configuration repairable, maybe you should R&R
    (remove&replace, un/in/stall) it.

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, May 2, 2009

  3. Moose Breath

    richard Guest

    On Sat, 02 May 2009 08:26:40 -0600, Moose Breath <>
    wrote:

    >Every time I click on a news group I'am already subscribed, I get a
    >question "would you like to subscribe".
    >Upsets me is when I click "yes" all the messages I marked days ago as
    >"read" show as unread.
    >Is there any way to force it to work like old Netscape was working? I
    >mean once I subscribe it recognizes me as a subscriber and messages
    >marked as read, stay that way?
    >Thanks

    Try a real dedicated news reader.
    40tude dialog would be a good choice.

    richard, May 2, 2009
  4. Moose Breath

    XS11E Guest

    Moose Breath <> wrote:

    > Every time I click on a news group I'am already subscribed, I get
    > a question "would you like to subscribe".
    > Upsets me is when I click "yes" all the messages I marked days ago
    > as "read" show as unread.
    > Is there any way to force it to work like old Netscape was
    > working? I mean once I subscribe it recognizes me as a subscriber
    > and messages marked as read, stay that way?

    Ask here: set your news server to news.mozilla.org and then look for
    this group: mozilla.support.seamonkey

    The Usenet Improvement Project:
    http://improve-usenet.org

    XS11E, May 2, 2009
  5. Moose Breath

    Dan C Guest

    On Sat, 02 May 2009 08:26:40 -0600, Moose Breath wrote:

    > Every time I click on a news group I'am already subscribed, I get a
    > question "would you like to subscribe". Upsets me is when I click "yes"
    > all the messages I marked days ago as "read" show as unread.
    > Is there any way to force it to work like old Netscape was working? I
    > mean once I subscribe it recognizes me as a subscriber and messages
    > marked as read, stay that way?
    > Thanks

    Use a real newsreader, dimwit.

    Need help?: http://brandybuck.site40.net/pics/ubuntu.jpg