    I want to download a browser with everything in it. Browser, e-mail,
    discussion groups. Is
    SeaMonkey the ticket. What does TB and Firefox include?

    crb, Mar 15, 2006

  2. crb

    gwtc Guest

    crb wrote:

    > I want to download a browser with everything in it. Browser, e-mail,
    > discussion groups. Is
    > SeaMonkey the ticket. What does TB and Firefox include?

    Seamonkey is similar to the old Netscape 4.x and 7.2. It has browser,
    email/news, and a composer. Where as FF is browser only, and TB is
    just email/news only.

    The down fall for SM is when one part crashes, it takes the hole thing
    with it. However, SM gives you more control over preferences, etc.
    To get the same in FF and TB you would have to have lots of extensions
    installed which can cause more problems than needed.

    gwtc, Mar 15, 2006

  3. crb

    Jim Scott Guest

    On Tue, 14 Mar 2006 19:09:24 -0800, crb wrote:

    > I want to download a browser with everything in it. Browser, e-mail,
    > discussion groups. Is
    > SeaMonkey the ticket. What does TB and Firefox include?

    From your first line SeaMonkey should be your choice.
    I have all three installed, but seldom use Firefox or Thunderbird these
    days.
    If you use a separate email client eg Outlook then you would probably be
    best off using FF otherwise I don't see the point.

    If you are talking newsreader the NONE of the above fulfil more than the
    basic functions and you will be better off with Dialog, Xnews, Mesnews etc.
    --
    Jim
    Tyneside UK

    Jim Scott, Mar 15, 2006