    But seriously... could anyone one help me speed up the Mail/NG client?
    the browser I LOVE it's fast and light light light on resources but that
    mail...ugh

    zvn[]teq[7], Jun 27, 2009

  2. zvn[]teq[7] wrote:

    > my guess is their head is so far up their ass thinking "NOTHING
    > could be wrong with Seamonkey!

    Heh, that'll get you a lot of points!

    My wife uses SeaMonkey (with Ubuntu) and it is as fast as could be
    expected. I can't think of any kind of settings to the program itself
    that could be a problem - other than you have an NNTP setting wrong.

    I see you're posting with Thunderbird, which is nearly identical.

    --
    -bts

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Jun 27, 2009

  3. zvn[]teq[7]

    zvn[]teq[7] Guest

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
    > zvn[]teq[7] wrote:
    >
    >> my guess is their head is so far up their ass thinking "NOTHING
    >> could be wrong with Seamonkey!

    > Heh, that'll get you a lot of points!
    >
    > My wife uses SeaMonkey (with Ubuntu) and it is as fast as could be
    > expected. I can't think of any kind of settings to the program itself
    > that could be a problem - other than you have an NNTP setting wrong.
    >
    > I see you're posting with Thunderbird, which is nearly identical.

    Yes TB is fast as lightening, but I like the combo thing with everything
    in one (SM) but alas... it's a failure on my PC (the Mail Client) oh
    well, maybe I need to give my C: Drive a hicolonic

    zvn[]teq[7], Jun 27, 2009
  4. zvn[]teq[7]

    zvnteq7 Guest

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
    > zvn[]teq[7] wrote:
    >
    >> my guess is their head is so far up their ass thinking "NOTHING
    >> could be wrong with Seamonkey!

    > Heh, that'll get you a lot of points!
    >
    > My wife uses SeaMonkey (with Ubuntu) and it is as fast as could be
    > expected. I can't think of any kind of settings to the program itself
    > that could be a problem - other than you have an NNTP setting wrong.
    >
    > I see you're posting with Thunderbird, which is nearly identical.

    Well NNTP settings are correct... I'm able to post

    but still, it's too slow , SM didn't use to do this before, argh it's
    the Illuminati! (har)

    zvnteq7, Jun 27, 2009
  5. zvnteq7 wrote:

    > Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
    >> My wife uses SeaMonkey (with Ubuntu) and it is as fast as could be
    >> expected. I can't think of any kind of settings to the program
    >> itself that could be a problem - other than you have an NNTP setting
    >> wrong.
    >>
    >> I see you're posting with Thunderbird, which is nearly identical.

    > Well NNTP settings are correct... I'm able to post

    So it seems.

    > but still, it's too slow , SM didn't use to do this before, argh it's
    > the Illuminati! (har)

    Suggestion: unless you require the SM chat client or the composer, why
    not use Thunderbird and Firefox instead? Should be the same number of
    clickety-clicks to open the two apps. SM may be about to fall on the
    'neglect' pile, too.

    --
    -bts

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Jun 27, 2009
  6. zvn[]teq[7]

    zvnteq7 Guest

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
    > zvnteq7 wrote:
    >
    >> Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
    >>> My wife uses SeaMonkey (with Ubuntu) and it is as fast as could be
    >>> expected. I can't think of any kind of settings to the program
    >>> itself that could be a problem - other than you have an NNTP setting
    >>> wrong.
    >>>
    >>> I see you're posting with Thunderbird, which is nearly identical.

    >> Well NNTP settings are correct... I'm able to post

    > So it seems.
    >
    >> but still, it's too slow , SM didn't use to do this before, argh it's
    >> the Illuminati! (har)

    > Suggestion: unless you require the SM chat client or the composer, why
    > not use Thunderbird and Firefox instead? Should be the same number of
    > clickety-clicks to open the two apps. SM may be about to fall on the
    > 'neglect' pile, too.

    FF is out of the question (sooooo slow to load up), but K-Meleon/TB is a
    good combo for me, however, after downloading the 2.oRC Alpha of SM,
    this is ALOT faster in the email client... nice... I never really used
    chatzilla, but I'm curious about it, does anyone even use IRC anymore?

    zvnteq7, Jun 27, 2009
  7. zvn[]teq[7]

    chuckcar Guest

    "zvn[]teq[7]" <> wrote in

    > anyone else experiencing this? I would love to use SM's all in one
    > suite, but MAN going from message to message in newsgroups is so fucking
    > slow, is there some setting that I have going on that's causing this?
    > I posted a similar gripe to the Mozilla Seamonkey group but no one's
    > replied, my guess is their head is so far up their ass thinking "NOTHING
    > could be wrong with Seamonkey! it's absolutely perfect! what could be
    > wrong!?"
    >
    > But seriously... could anyone one help me speed up the Mail/NG client?
    > the browser I LOVE it's fast and light light light on resources but that
    > mail...ugh

    Shut down everything else - esp. startup. If a program's slow something
    else must be slowing down the computer right? Further your OS, memory and
    processor would help - perhaps you're computer is underpowered.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

    chuckcar, Jun 28, 2009
  8. chuckcar <> pinched out a steaming pile
    of<Xns9C384474A73CCchucknilcar@127.0.0.1>:

    >"zvn[]teq[7]" <> wrote in
    >
    >> anyone else experiencing this? I would love to use SM's all in one
    >> suite, but MAN going from message to message in newsgroups is so

    fucking
    >> slow, is there some setting that I have going on that's causing

    this?
    >> I posted a similar gripe to the Mozilla Seamonkey group but no one's
    >> replied, my guess is their head is so far up their ass thinking

    "NOTHING
    >> could be wrong with Seamonkey! it's absolutely perfect! what could

    be
    >> wrong!?"
    >>
    >> But seriously... could anyone one help me speed up the Mail/NG

    client?
    >> the browser I LOVE it's fast and light light light on resources but

    that
    >> mail...ugh

    >Shut down everything else - esp. startup. If a program's slow

    something
    >else must be slowing down the computer right? Further your OS, memory

    and
    >processor would help - perhaps you're computer is underpowered.

    Seamonkey is "slow" since its a much large r proggy. Its loading a web
    browser *and* a mail/news client at once.
    Its memory footprint is bigger than TB.

    Kinda obvious,eh?

    §ñühw¤£f, Jun 28, 2009
  9. zvn[]teq[7]

    chuckcar Guest

    §ñühw¤£f <> wrote in

    > chuckcar <> pinched out a steaming pile
    > of<Xns9C384474A73CCchucknilcar@127.0.0.1>:
    >
    >>"zvn[]teq[7]" <> wrote in
    >>
    >>> anyone else experiencing this? I would love to use SM's all in one
    >>> suite, but MAN going from message to message in newsgroups is so

    > fucking
    >>> slow, is there some setting that I have going on that's causing

    > this?
    >>> I posted a similar gripe to the Mozilla Seamonkey group but no one's
    >>> replied, my guess is their head is so far up their ass thinking

    > "NOTHING
    >>> could be wrong with Seamonkey! it's absolutely perfect! what could

    > be
    >>> wrong!?"
    >>>
    >>> But seriously... could anyone one help me speed up the Mail/NG

    > client?
    >>> the browser I LOVE it's fast and light light light on resources but

    > that
    >>> mail...ugh

    >>Shut down everything else - esp. startup. If a program's slow

    > something
    >>else must be slowing down the computer right? Further your OS, memory

    > and
    >>processor would help - perhaps you're computer is underpowered.
    >>

    > Seamonkey is "slow" since its a much large r proggy. Its loading a web
    > browser *and* a mail/news client at once.
    > Its memory footprint is bigger than TB.
    >
    > Kinda obvious,eh?

    Not according with other people and not to that extent. "Obvious" is more
    frequently wrong than anywhere near reality.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

    chuckcar, Jun 28, 2009
  10. chuckcar <> pinched out a steaming pile
    of<Xns9C38AF4491670chucknilcar@127.0.0.1>:

    >§ñühw¤£f <> wrote in
    >
    >> chuckcar <> pinched out a steaming pile
    >> of<Xns9C384474A73CCchucknilcar@127.0.0.1>:
    >>
    >>>"zvn[]teq[7]" <> wrote in

    >> fucking

    >> this?

    one's

    >> "NOTHING

    >> be

    >> client?

    but
    >> that
    >>>
    >>>Shut down everything else - esp. startup. If a program's slow

    >> something
    >>>else must be slowing down the computer right? Further your OS,

    memory
    >> and
    >>>processor would help - perhaps you're computer is underpowered.
    >>>

    >> Seamonkey is "slow" since its a much large r proggy. Its loading a

    web
    >> browser *and* a mail/news client at once.
    >> Its memory footprint is bigger than TB.
    >>
    >> Kinda obvious,eh?
    >>

    >Not according with other people and not to that extent. "Obvious" is

    more
    >frequently wrong than anywhere near reality.

    My experience: on a BeBox running both TB loads quicker and seems more
    responsive, UNLESS....you set up Se4monkey to not load the browser
    portion when it starts. Then its about the same, but its an ugly proggy
    compared to TB.
    Jus Sayin [tm]

    §ñühw¤£f, Jun 30, 2009