    in a new tab. I've been fooling with the Preferences and haven't hit on
    the right combination in order to get this to work. Or is this just not
    possible with SM?

    Tom Allen, Mar 22, 2006

  2. Tom Allen

    gwtc Guest

    Tom Allen wrote:

    > While I normally stick with TB and FF, I've been fooling with Seamonkey
    > this week. I've noticed that when I click on a link from an email or
    > newsgroup message, it opens a tab in the SM browser. So far, so good.
    > But when I click a second link, it opens it up in the same tab, and not
    > in a new tab. I've been fooling with the Preferences and haven't hit on
    > the right combination in order to get this to work. Or is this just not
    > possible with SM?

    hold down the ctrl key and then click

    gwtc, Mar 23, 2006

  3. Tom Allen

    Tom Allen Guest

    gwtc wrote:
    > Tom Allen wrote:
    >
    >> While I normally stick with TB and FF, I've been fooling with
    >> Seamonkey this week. I've noticed that when I click on a link from an
    >> email or newsgroup message, it opens a tab in the SM browser. So far,
    >> so good. But when I click a second link, it opens it up in the same
    >> tab, and not in a new tab. I've been fooling with the Preferences and
    >> haven't hit on the right combination in order to get this to work. Or
    >> is this just not possible with SM?

    > hold down the ctrl key and then click

    Nope, that keeps opening up a new browser window. I checked the Tabbed
    Browsing settings in Preferences to Open in New Tab in Current Window in
    both Link Open and Link Open from Other Applications.

    Ah, wait - the secret is to check the box for "Open Tabs instead of
    windows for..."

    Thanks

    Tom Allen, Mar 23, 2006
  4. Tom Allen

    Arne Guest

    Once upon a time *Tom Allen* wrote:
    > gwtc wrote:
    >> Tom Allen wrote:
    >>
    >>> While I normally stick with TB and FF, I've been fooling with
    >>> Seamonkey this week. I've noticed that when I click on a link from an
    >>> email or newsgroup message, it opens a tab in the SM browser. So far,
    >>> so good. But when I click a second link, it opens it up in the same
    >>> tab, and not in a new tab. I've been fooling with the Preferences and
    >>> haven't hit on the right combination in order to get this to work. Or
    >>> is this just not possible with SM?

    >> hold down the ctrl key and then click

    > Nope, that keeps opening up a new browser window. I checked the Tabbed
    > Browsing settings in Preferences to Open in New Tab in Current Window in
    > both Link Open and Link Open from Other Applications.
    >
    > Ah, wait - the secret is to check the box for "Open Tabs instead of
    > windows for..."

    You can allways right click on the link and choose "open in new tab" in
    the same way you can do with links on web pages.

    --
    /Arne

    Why bottom-posting is better than top-posting
    http://www.caliburn.nl/topposting.html

    Arne, Mar 23, 2006
  5. Tom Allen

    HansN Guest

    If you activate "middle-click, ..." in 'Prefences > Navigator > Tabbed
    browsing' under "Open tabs instead of windows", then you can click on
    links with your mousewheel (middle click) and the page will be opened in
    a new tab. No problem.

    HansN, Mar 23, 2006