    ..xpi's.

    Using WinXP Home SP2 on a P4 system

    Any help is welcome!

    Nobody, Feb 2, 2006

  2. Nobody

    Nobody Guest

    On Thu, 02 Feb 2006 01:32:08 GMT, Nobody <> wrote:

    >As a longtime user of Netscape and Moz Suite, I downloaded SeaMonkey
    >1.0 today.
    >
    >After uninstalling Moz Suite 1.7.12, I installed SeaMonkey and all is
    >working fine 'cept a bland band in browser mode has been inserted
    >under the "status bar".
    >
    >It contains Red Script: %cardsDTD;
    > ^
    >
    >How do I get rid of that? And the Bland Band?
    >
    >My Moz Suite was totally default... except for mutliple dictionary
    >.xpi's.
    >
    >Using WinXP Home SP2 on a P4 system
    >
    >Any help is welcome!

    Well, creating a new profile, and copying all my mail/files/bookmarks
    etc. etc. worked but doesn't explain what hairpinned to the original.

    The profile of a second existing user/profile on the same system
    converted to SeaMonkey seamlessly.

    Go figure.

    I'm happy, eating Sea Bananas! (Or would that be Sea Urchins?)

    Nobody, Feb 2, 2006

  3. Nobody

    gwtc Guest

    Nobody wrote:
    > On Thu, 02 Feb 2006 01:32:08 GMT, Nobody <> wrote:
    >

    >>As a longtime user of Netscape and Moz Suite, I downloaded SeaMonkey
    >>1.0 today.
    >>
    >>After uninstalling Moz Suite 1.7.12, I installed SeaMonkey and all is
    >>working fine 'cept a bland band in browser mode has been inserted
    >>under the "status bar".
    >>
    >>It contains Red Script: %cardsDTD;
    >> ^
    >>
    >>How do I get rid of that? And the Bland Band?
    >>
    >>My Moz Suite was totally default... except for mutliple dictionary
    >>.xpi's.
    >>
    >>Using WinXP Home SP2 on a P4 system
    >>
    >>Any help is welcome!

    > Well, creating a new profile, and copying all my mail/files/bookmarks
    > etc. etc. worked but doesn't explain what hairpinned to the original.
    >
    > The profile of a second existing user/profile on the same system
    > converted to SeaMonkey seamlessly.
    >
    > Go figure.
    >
    > I'm happy, eating Sea Bananas! (Or would that be Sea Urchins?)

    It could be an incompatible theme or extension that could cause the
    problem

    gwtc, Feb 2, 2006
  4. Nobody

    Nobody Guest

    On Wed, 01 Feb 2006 21:29:01 -0800, gwtc
    <> wrote:

    >Nobody wrote:
    >> On Thu, 02 Feb 2006 01:32:08 GMT, Nobody <> wrote:
    >>

    >>>As a longtime user of Netscape and Moz Suite, I downloaded SeaMonkey
    >>>1.0 today.
    >>>
    >>>After uninstalling Moz Suite 1.7.12, I installed SeaMonkey and all is
    >>>working fine 'cept a bland band in browser mode has been inserted
    >>>under the "status bar".
    >>>
    >>>It contains Red Script: %cardsDTD;
    >>> ^
    >>>
    >>>How do I get rid of that? And the Bland Band?
    >>>
    >>>My Moz Suite was totally default... except for mutliple dictionary
    >>>.xpi's.
    >>>
    >>>Using WinXP Home SP2 on a P4 system
    >>>
    >>>Any help is welcome!

    >> Well, creating a new profile, and copying all my mail/files/bookmarks
    >> etc. etc. worked but doesn't explain what hairpinned to the original.
    >>
    >> The profile of a second existing user/profile on the same system
    >> converted to SeaMonkey seamlessly.
    >>
    >> Go figure.
    >>
    >> I'm happy, eating Sea Bananas! (Or would that be Sea Urchins?)

    >It could be an incompatible theme or extension that could cause the
    >problem

    Quite strange as the new profile is fine, though I had to re-install a
    bunch of plugins. As I said, I hadn't been using any special theme or
    extensions with Moz 1.7.12.

    My only problem now is for some reason launching .wmv video files from
    a New Zealand TV website brings up Win Media Player 9, and not v10.

    It was OK before, and is fine using Opera.

    I removed the Windows component for Win Media Player, and re-installed
    version 10 but it persists in rendering in version 9.

    http://www.tv3.co.nz/News/tabid/67/Default.aspx#

    And "click here to play video".

    Nobody, Feb 2, 2006