    So are the paths the same?
    If not, direct to a place that would know this please.

    thanks.

    Pedro Sanchez, Jun 11, 2006

  2. Pedro Sanchez

    gwtc Guest

    Pedro Sanchez wrote:

    > Does seamonkey use the same drive paths as Mozilla?
    >
    > Reason I ask is I use a program that cleans all temp garbage files
    > from Mozilla. But the program doesn't have a specific entry for
    > Seamonkey.
    >
    > So are the paths the same?
    > If not, direct to a place that would know this please.
    >
    > thanks.

    what do you mean the same paths?

    --
    Computer Points to Ponder #4: How do you press F1 when your PC has a
    keyboard error or no keyboard present?

    gwtc, Jun 11, 2006

  3. Pedro Sanchez

    Jim Scott Guest

    On Sat, 10 Jun 2006 21:22:49 -0400, Pedro Sanchez wrote:

    > Does seamonkey use the same drive paths as Mozilla?
    >
    > Reason I ask is I use a program that cleans all temp garbage files
    > from Mozilla. But the program doesn't have a specific entry for
    > Seamonkey.
    >
    > So are the paths the same?
    > If not, direct to a place that would know this please.
    >
    > thanks.

    No they don't. They are in different folders in Application Data.
    Programs like CClean find Firefox, but you have to enter SM in the 'Custom
    File' routine.
    --
    Jim
    Tyneside UK

    Jim Scott, Jun 11, 2006
  4. On Sat, 10 Jun 2006 21:07:25 -0700, gwtc <37>
    wrote:

    >Pedro Sanchez wrote:
    >
    >> Does seamonkey use the same drive paths as Mozilla?
    >>
    >> Reason I ask is I use a program that cleans all temp garbage files
    >> from Mozilla. But the program doesn't have a specific entry for
    >> Seamonkey.
    >>
    >> So are the paths the same?
    >> If not, direct to a place that would know this please.
    >>
    >> thanks.
    >>

    >what do you mean the same paths?

    The way CACHE and temp files are stored, the same paths
    example c:\programfiles\mozilla\seamonkey\etc...

    Pedro Sanchez, Jun 12, 2006
  5. On Sun, 11 Jun 2006 09:23:05 +0100, Jim Scott <>
    wrote:

    >On Sat, 10 Jun 2006 21:22:49 -0400, Pedro Sanchez wrote:
    >
    >> Does seamonkey use the same drive paths as Mozilla?
    >>
    >> Reason I ask is I use a program that cleans all temp garbage files
    >> from Mozilla. But the program doesn't have a specific entry for
    >> Seamonkey.
    >>
    >> So are the paths the same?
    >> If not, direct to a place that would know this please.
    >>
    >> thanks.

    >No they don't. They are in different folders in Application Data.
    >Programs like CClean find Firefox, but you have to enter SM in the 'Custom
    >File' routine.

    Any ideas an where I can find the entries to add to CC for seamonkey?

    Thanks,

    Pedro Sanchez, Jun 12, 2006
  6. Pedro Sanchez

    gwtc Guest

    Pedro Sanchez wrote:

    > On Sat, 10 Jun 2006 21:07:25 -0700, gwtc <37>
    > wrote:
    >

    >>Pedro Sanchez wrote:
    >>

    >>>Does seamonkey use the same drive paths as Mozilla?
    >>>
    >>>Reason I ask is I use a program that cleans all temp garbage files
    >>>from Mozilla. But the program doesn't have a specific entry for
    >>>Seamonkey.
    >>>
    >>>So are the paths the same?
    >>>If not, direct to a place that would know this please.
    >>>
    >>>thanks.
    >>>

    >>what do you mean the same paths?

    > The way CACHE and temp files are stored, the same paths
    > example c:\programfiles\mozilla\seamonkey\etc...

    Mozilla: C:\program files\mozilla.org\mozilla\mozilla.exe
    Seamonkey: C:\program files\mozilla.org\seamonkey\seamonkey.exe

    Is that what you mean?

    Moz and SM don't have temp files.

    The Cache would be stored somewhere in your profile, and the profile
    is located separate from the program directory. To find the location
    of the cache, in the address bar type in:

    about:cache?device=disk

    and look a few lines down and you'll find where the cache is located.

    --
    Computer Points to Ponder #5: If a food processor slices and dices
    food, what does a word processor do?

    gwtc, Jun 12, 2006
  7. On Sun, 11 Jun 2006 21:21:32 -0700, gwtc <37>
    wrote:

    >Pedro Sanchez wrote:
    >
    >> On Sat, 10 Jun 2006 21:07:25 -0700, gwtc <37>
    >> wrote:

    >>>what do you mean the same paths?

    >> The way CACHE and temp files are stored, the same paths
    >> example c:\programfiles\mozilla\seamonkey\etc...
    >>

    >Mozilla: C:\program files\mozilla.org\mozilla\mozilla.exe
    >Seamonkey: C:\program files\mozilla.org\seamonkey\seamonkey.exe
    >
    >Is that what you mean?
    >
    >Moz and SM don't have temp files.
    >
    >The Cache would be stored somewhere in your profile, and the profile
    >is located separate from the program directory. To find the location
    >of the cache, in the address bar type in:
    >
    >about:cache?device=disk
    >
    >and look a few lines down and you'll find where the cache is located.

    THANKS!! :D

    Pedro Sanchez, Jun 13, 2006