    bookmarks are gone. I have tried everything to retrieve them, but am
    having no luck. Can anyone guide me here? I have them in a file on my
    desktop, but can't get it to import them.

    justwondering, Feb 5, 2007

  2. justwondering

    Guest

    On Feb 5, 3:37 pm, justwondering <> wrote:
    > Hello
    >
    > I just downloaded the newest version of sea monkey and now all my
    > bookmarks are gone. I have tried everything to retrieve them, but am
    > having no luck. Can anyone guide me here? I have them in a file on my
    > desktop, but can't get it to import them.

    did you look under View, Show/Hide, Personal Toolbar, Personal
    Toolbar?

    , Feb 6, 2007

  3. wrote:
    > On Feb 5, 3:37 pm, justwondering <> wrote:
    >> Hello
    >>
    >> I just downloaded the newest version of sea monkey and now all my
    >> bookmarks are gone. I have tried everything to retrieve them, but am
    >> having no luck. Can anyone guide me here? I have them in a file on my
    >> desktop, but can't get it to import them.

    > did you look under View, Show/Hide, Personal Toolbar, Personal
    > Toolbar?

    Yes, I've looked there. I mean all my bookmarks are just gone...the
    gookmark section is empty...when I put some of them back in manually,
    and closed seamonkey, upon reopening they were again gone.

    justwondering, Feb 6, 2007
  4. justwondering wrote:
    > wrote:
    >> On Feb 5, 3:37 pm, justwondering <> wrote:
    >>> Hello
    >>>
    >>> I just downloaded the newest version of sea monkey and now all my
    >>> bookmarks are gone. I have tried everything to retrieve them, but am
    >>> having no luck. Can anyone guide me here? I have them in a file on my
    >>> desktop, but can't get it to import them.

    >> did you look under View, Show/Hide, Personal Toolbar, Personal
    >> Toolbar?
    >>

    > Yes, I've looked there. I mean all my bookmarks are just gone...the
    > gookmark section is empty...when I put some of them back in manually,
    > and closed seamonkey, upon reopening they were again gone.

    Click Tools>>Switch Profile. How many profiles are listed?

    Have you done a system search for bookmarks.html?

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Feb 6, 2007
  5. Leonidas Jones wrote:
    > justwondering wrote:
    >> wrote:

    >>> did you look under View, Show/Hide, Personal Toolbar, Personal
    >>> Toolbar?
    >>>

    >> Yes, I've looked there. I mean all my bookmarks are just gone...the
    >> gookmark section is empty...when I put some of them back in manually,
    >> and closed seamonkey, upon reopening they were again gone.

    > Click Tools>>Switch Profile. How many profiles are listed?
    >
    > Have you done a system search for bookmarks.html?
    >
    > Lee

    Thanks for trying to assist me...I have tried everything...I finally
    started putting them back in manually...what a colossal PIA

    justwondering, Feb 6, 2007
  6. justwondering

    Guest

    On Feb 5, 6:12 pm, justwondering <> wrote:
    > Leonidas Jones wrote:
    > > justwondering wrote:

    > >> Yes, I've looked there. I mean all my bookmarks are just gone...the
    > >> gookmark section is empty...when I put some of them back in manually,
    > >> and closed seamonkey, upon reopening they were again gone.

    > > Click Tools>>Switch Profile. How many profiles are listed?

    > > Have you done a system search for bookmarks.html?

    > > Lee

    > Thanks for trying to assist me...I have tried everything...I finally
    > started putting them back in manually...what a colossal PIA

    close the program, then take a look at your profile. How many
    bookmark files do you see? You should only have one --
    bookmarks.html. If you see anything else, delete them. Also, take a
    look at the bookmarks.html file and make sure that its not set to read
    only.

    , Feb 6, 2007