    Navigator despite having FF set as my default browser. Navigator is ok
    but I much prefer FF and have that set up to work exactly how I want.

    Is there a way to force SM to use FF as the default?

    dino, Dec 29, 2006

  2. dino

    Guest

    dino wrote:
    > I use SM as a Newsgroup reader but I use FF as my default browser.
    >
    > When I click on a link within SM it opens a browser window in SM
    > Navigator despite having FF set as my default browser. Navigator is ok
    > but I much prefer FF and have that set up to work exactly how I want.
    >
    > Is there a way to force SM to use FF as the default?

    Nope. That is the way the Suite product works. The mail/new part
    works hand in hand with the browser part, and visa versa.

    If you want to use FF as the browser, then my suggestion is for you to
    move over to Thunderbird as your mail/news program:
    http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/thunderbird/

    , Dec 29, 2006

  3. dino

    Ralph Fox Guest

    On Fri, 29 Dec 2006 13:50:39 +0000, in message <>,
    dino wrote:

    > I use SM as a Newsgroup reader but I use FF as my default browser.
    >
    > When I click on a link within SM it opens a browser window in SM
    > Navigator despite having FF set as my default browser. Navigator is ok
    > but I much prefer FF and have that set up to work exactly how I want.
    >
    > Is there a way to force SM to use FF as the default?

    Maybe this will work in SM like it did in the Mozilla suite
    http://ilias.ca/netscape/mailnewsfaq/http.html
    http://www.holgermetzger.de/efaqbrowser.html#7

    --
    Cheers,
    Ralph

    Ralph Fox, Dec 30, 2006
  4. dino

    dino Guest

    wrote:
    > dino wrote:
    >> I use SM as a Newsgroup reader but I use FF as my default browser.
    >>
    >> When I click on a link within SM it opens a browser window in SM
    >> Navigator despite having FF set as my default browser. Navigator is ok
    >> but I much prefer FF and have that set up to work exactly how I want.
    >>
    >> Is there a way to force SM to use FF as the default?

    > Nope. That is the way the Suite product works. The mail/new part
    > works hand in hand with the browser part, and visa versa.
    >
    > If you want to use FF as the browser, then my suggestion is for you to
    > move over to Thunderbird as your mail/news program:
    > http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/thunderbird/

    You know I didn't realise that TB had a Mail/NG facility. I thought it
    was for email only! I've downloaded, installed and currently using it.
    Seems very similar to SM (expected I guess) so I'll run with it for a
    while. Thanks again for your help :)

    dino, Dec 30, 2006
  5. dino

    dino Guest

    Ralph Fox wrote:
    > On Fri, 29 Dec 2006 13:50:39 +0000, in message <>,
    > dino wrote:
    >
    >> I use SM as a Newsgroup reader but I use FF as my default browser.
    >>
    >> When I click on a link within SM it opens a browser window in SM
    >> Navigator despite having FF set as my default browser. Navigator is ok
    >> but I much prefer FF and have that set up to work exactly how I want.
    >>
    >> Is there a way to force SM to use FF as the default?

    > Maybe this will work in SM like it did in the Mozilla suite
    > http://ilias.ca/netscape/mailnewsfaq/http.html
    > http://www.holgermetzger.de/efaqbrowser.html#7

    Thanks for the tip but I've already switched to Thunderbird which looks
    good and does what I want it to.

    dino, Dec 30, 2006
  6. dino

    Ralph Fox Guest

    On Sat, 30 Dec 2006 09:23:53 +0000, in message <>,
    dino wrote:

    > Thanks for the tip but I've already switched to Thunderbird which looks
    > good and does what I want it to.

    Sounds like a good choice!

    Ralph Fox, Dec 31, 2006