Seamless clips from separate clips - Software?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by long eddy, Jan 13, 2006.

  1. long eddy

    long eddy Guest

    Hello all,
    Currently I use a three year old Kodak LS-420 to capture video clips.

    The files are .mov files.

    I then transfer them over to .mpeg files and then to .swf files using some
    shareware products.

    I'm happy the results since the .swf files are smaller than the .mov files
    and can be read by many people.

    Most of these clips are 180 degree pans since I am a realtor.

    What are some good suggestions of shareware for editing?

    For example:

    1. splicing one clip to another.

    2. or fixing the contrast or color saturation.

    Ideally if I took a 10 second shot of the living room with a pan and then
    another 8 second clip of the kitchen and then another 11 second clip of the
    garage - I would need some sort of software to accomplish a seamless clip of
    all three rooms.

    Suggestions would be greatly appreciated with regards to any shareware
    software from Tucows, etc.. that can do this job.

    Thank you.

    Eddy

    long eddy, Jan 13, 2006

  2. long eddy

    Guest

    Microsoft Windows Movie Maker can splice the clips together. I've never
    used it for fixing color or saturation so I cannot speak to that.
    However, the software is free if you want to take a look.

    - Barry

    , Jan 13, 2006

  3. long eddy

    Hunt Guest

    In article <iSNxf.3614$>, says...

    >Hello all,
    >Currently I use a three year old Kodak LS-420 to capture video clips.
    >
    >The files are .mov files.
    >
    >I then transfer them over to .mpeg files and then to .swf files using some
    >shareware products.
    >
    >I'm happy the results since the .swf files are smaller than the .mov files
    >and can be read by many people.
    >
    >Most of these clips are 180 degree pans since I am a realtor.
    >
    >What are some good suggestions of shareware for editing?
    >
    >For example:
    >
    >1. splicing one clip to another.
    >
    >2. or fixing the contrast or color saturation.
    >
    >Ideally if I took a 10 second shot of the living room with a pan and then
    >another 8 second clip of the kitchen and then another 11 second clip of the
    >garage - I would need some sort of software to accomplish a seamless clip of
    >all three rooms.
    >
    >Suggestions would be greatly appreciated with regards to any shareware
    >software from Tucows, etc.. that can do this job.
    >
    >Thank you.
    >
    >Eddy

    For starters, you can edit the MOV files in QT-Pro (basically the freeware ver
    of QT that is registered for ~US$30). These can then be Saved, thouogh make
    sure to check the box of self-contained file, otherwise you only get a "
    pointer" to the separate files on disk.

    MS MovieMaker, as suggested is part of XP and does a pretty fair job with
    transitions, etc. Digital Media Converter (shareware, IIRC ~US$20) can do a
    ton of conversions with frame rate, size changes, etc. Good middle-o-the-
    project application. For color & density correction, I use Pinnacle Studio 9
    (10+ is out now), with several freeware plug-ins that work very well. Pinnacle
    is a bit restrictive, as to the file formats that it will use, so DMC comes in
    handy there. It goes far beyond MovieMaker, but has some quirks, and a bit
    steeper learning curve.

    Hunt

    Hunt, Jan 13, 2006