    Seagull in Brighton - Google Street View
    http://bit.ly/aaXBh3

    I guess these camera are P&Ses ;-)

    whisky-dave, Mar 18, 2010

  2. whisky-dave

    Paul Heslop Guest

    Paul Heslop, Mar 18, 2010

  3. whisky-dave

    whisky-dave Guest

    whisky-dave, Mar 19, 2010
  4. whisky-dave

    Paul Heslop Guest

    whisky-dave wrote:

    > "Paul Heslop" <> wrote in message
    > > whisky-dave wrote:
    > >>
    > >> Be patient while it loads the street view.
    > >>
    > >> Seagull in Brighton - Google Street View
    > >> http://bit.ly/aaXBh3
    > >>
    > >> I guess these camera are P&Ses ;-)

    > > what do you reckon?
    > > http://ekstreme.com/images/google-streetview-camera-1.jpg
    > > --

    > Wow that's an ugly camera, wouldn't want that hanging around my neck.
    >
    > Wish iwas here to catch this.....
    >
    > http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/west_yorkshire/8574609.stm

    heh, yeah, a few folks have mentioned it elsewhere.
    --
    Paul (we break easy)
    Stop and Look

    Paul Heslop, Mar 19, 2010
  5. whisky-dave

    Chris H Guest

    In message <ho004c$bvj$1@qmul>, whisky-dave <whisky-
    > writes
    >
    >"Paul Heslop" <> wrote in message
    >> whisky-dave wrote:
    >>>
    >>> Be patient while it loads the street view.
    >>>
    >>> Seagull in Brighton - Google Street View
    >>> http://bit.ly/aaXBh3
    >>>
    >>> I guess these camera are P&Ses ;-)

    >> what do you reckon?
    >> http://ekstreme.com/images/google-streetview-camera-1.jpg
    >> --

    >Wow that's an ugly camera, wouldn't want that hanging around my neck.
    >
    >Wish iwas here to catch this.....
    >
    >http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/west_yorkshire/8574609.stm

    The question really is why did the video go on utube and not to the
    police?

    Chris H, Mar 19, 2010
  6. ? "Paul Heslop" <> ?????? ??? ??????
    > whisky-dave wrote:
    >>
    >> "Paul Heslop" <> wrote in message

    >> > what do you reckon?
    >> > http://ekstreme.com/images/google-streetview-camera-1.jpg
    >> > --

    >> Wow that's an ugly camera, wouldn't want that hanging around my neck.
    >>
    >> Wish iwas here to catch this.....
    >>
    >> http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/west_yorkshire/8574609.stm

    > heh, yeah, a few folks have mentioned it elsewhere.
    > --

    I've read about a similar incident in the american Reader's Digest. The
    truck driver had to forever surrender his driving license.

    --
    Tzortzakakis Dimitrios
    major in electrical engineering

    Tzortzakakis Dimitrios, Mar 19, 2010
  7. whisky-dave

    Paul Furman Guest

    Paul Heslop wrote:
    > whisky-dave wrote:
    >> Be patient while it loads the street view.
    >>
    >> Seagull in Brighton - Google Street View
    >> http://bit.ly/aaXBh3
    >>
    >> I guess these camera are P&Ses ;-)

    > what do you reckon?
    > http://ekstreme.com/images/google-streetview-camera-1.jpg

    I'd have used two D700s, DX 10.5mm fisheyes with the lens shade cut off
    but yeah they use eight of something... probably makes sense to be able
    to shade the lens better their way.

    --
    Paul Furman
    www.edgehill.net

    Paul Furman, Mar 19, 2010
  8. whisky-dave

    Paul Heslop Guest

    Tzortzakakis Dimitrios wrote:

    > ? "Paul Heslop" <> ?????? ??? ??????
    > > whisky-dave wrote:
    > >>
    > >> "Paul Heslop" <> wrote in message

    > >> Wow that's an ugly camera, wouldn't want that hanging around my neck.
    > >>
    > >> Wish iwas here to catch this.....
    > >>
    > >> http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/west_yorkshire/8574609.stm

    > > heh, yeah, a few folks have mentioned it elsewhere.
    > > --

    > I've read about a similar incident in the american Reader's Digest. The
    > truck driver had to forever surrender his driving license.

    probably won't happen here. he was under police escort too.

    Paul Heslop, Mar 19, 2010
  9. whisky-dave

    Paul Heslop Guest

    Paul Furman wrote:

    > Paul Heslop wrote:
    > > whisky-dave wrote:
    > >> Be patient while it loads the street view.
    > >>
    > >> Seagull in Brighton - Google Street View
    > >> http://bit.ly/aaXBh3
    > >>
    > >> I guess these camera are P&Ses ;-)

    > > what do you reckon?
    > > http://ekstreme.com/images/google-streetview-camera-1.jpg

    > I'd have used two D700s, DX 10.5mm fisheyes with the lens shade cut off
    > but yeah they use eight of something... probably makes sense to be able
    > to shade the lens better their way.
    >
    > --
    > Paul Furman
    > www.edgehill.net
    > www.baynatives.com
    >
    > all google groups messages filtered due to spam

    I'm not sure if there are other models now. they have mentioned using
    a bike or something to get nearer to sites or interest or down marrow
    lanes etc
    http://blog.monty.de/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/google_car.jpg
    http://larryfire.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/camera_head.jpg
    http://i.telegraph.co.uk/telegraph/multimedia/archive/01442/stonehenge_1442853c.jpg

    Paul Heslop, Mar 19, 2010
  10. whisky-dave

    Paul Heslop Guest

    Savageduck wrote:

    > On 2010-03-19 13:01:41 -0700, Paul Heslop <> said:
    >
    > > Paul Furman wrote:

    > >> I'd have used two D700s, DX 10.5mm fisheyes with the lens shade cut off
    > >> but yeah they use eight of something... probably makes sense to be able
    > >> to shade the lens better their way.
    > >>
    > >> --
    > >> Paul Furman
    > >> www.edgehill.net
    > >> www.baynatives.com
    > >>
    > >> all google groups messages filtered due to spam

    > > I'm not sure if there are other models now. they have mentioned using
    > > a bike or something to get nearer to sites or interest or down marrow
    > > lanes etc
    > > http://blog.monty.de/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/google_car.jpg
    > > http://larryfire.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/camera_head.jpg
    > > http://i.telegraph.co.uk/telegraph/multimedia/archive/01442/stonehenge_1442853c.jpg

    > ...and
    > >

    > this;
    > http://www.wired.com/autopia/2009/05/google-street-view-trike-captures-the-roads-less-driven/
    >
    > --
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > Savageduck

    this one is probably the weirdest but I don't know if it is real or
    not
    http://tinyurl.com/ygj2hkw

    Paul Heslop, Mar 19, 2010
  11. whisky-dave

    Paul Heslop Guest

    Savageduck wrote:

    > On 2010-03-19 14:40:35 -0700, Paul Heslop <> said:
    >
    > > Savageduck wrote:

    > ...and
    >
    > this;
    > http://www.wired.com/autopia/2009/05/google-street-view-trike-captures-the-roads-less-driven/
    >
    > --
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > Savageduck
    >
    > this
    > >>>

    > > one is probably the weirdest but I don't know if it is real or
    > > not
    > > http://tinyurl.com/ygj2hkw

    > Now that puts a whole new meaning on the term "streetwalker."

    :O) saying as the car has sometimes been surrounded by mobs objecting
    to it, and that people often react loess than positively just to
    someone taking photographs I hope he has a really good pair of running
    shoes

    Paul Heslop, Mar 20, 2010