    Maxtor and installed the overlay. But I was curious as to the positions of
    others on this subject.

    TIA
    me, Jan 31, 2007

  2. me

    Glenn Guest

    IBM sold it's hd division to seagate several years ago.

    Glenn, Feb 1, 2007

  3. me

    SBFan2000 Guest

    I like WD but I also use and like Seagate. Maxtor are the biggest pieces of
    garbage in the industry. I replace them every couple days. Toshiba was
    using Maxtors in their Ebridge copy machines and were have countless
    failures. Maxtor refused to do anything about it so about 18 months ago
    Toshiba switched to WD. Since then I've replaced dozens and dozens of
    maxtors in the ebridge machines. Alot have been replaced but we still get
    one every couple days. (we were getting more then one a day)

    I have yet to have one of the replaced WDs go.

    SBFan2000, Feb 7, 2007