    Also, is there a noticeable difference between an Ultra ATA/100 and a
    SATA/150?

    , Jun 29, 2006

  2. Two of my HDD's were Maxtor. They're both going fine, one still after
    four years.
    The IRC network i'm operator at uses Seagate in their servers. very
    reliable.
    And a 5yr warranty has to be good ;p

    David Fairbrother, Jun 30, 2006

  3. - Bobb - Guest

    > wrote:
    >> I've read good things about Seagate. 5 year warranty when most drives
    >> are only 1 year.
    >>
    >> OfficeMax.com has a Seagate Ultra ATA/100 160gb for $60
    >>
    >> CircuitCity.com has a Seagate Ultra ATA/100 300gb for $90 after
    >> rebates
    >>

    >> What about Maxtor? Seagate bought them, but is the quality the same?
    >> read that Maxtor does not take heat very well. If true, is my ambient
    >> temp of 33 C / 91.4 F safe?
    >>
    >> CompUSA.com has a Maxtor SATA/150 250gb for $60 after rebates
    >>

    >> Also, is there a noticeable difference between an Ultra ATA/100 and a
    >> SATA/150?

    I have a lot of disk drives - you can't hear the Seagate drives spinning
    they're so quiet.
    I've got a few of those 160gb - had them for ~2 years - no issues.
    Given a choice - I'd get Seagate.
    The Barracuda line has been out for years in servers ( they used to be
    $1700 w/ SCSI interface)

    I must admit - right now my system drive is a Maxtor ( 'cuz it was on
    sale (like for you) and I wanted a SATA for this PC)
    As for the speed issue ...100 parallel vs 150 serial ... I'm still
    debating the "folks in the know " on that one.
    what is the speed of the motherboard ?

    - Bobb -, Jun 30, 2006
  4. Travis Guest

    Warranty isn't important, usually it's more of a money-making scheme

    Travis, Jul 2, 2006