    this message "Remove disks or any other Media Press any key to Restart"

    Windows XP Home

    Any advice would be very much appreciated.
    magic, May 21, 2007

  2. magic

    PeeCee Guest

    "magic" <> wrote in message
    news:_Dn4i.54$...
    > Hi I am tring to test my daughters HDD with SeaTools for DOS, I am getting
    > this message "Remove disks or any other Media Press any key to Restart"
    >
    > Windows XP Home
    >
    > Any advice would be very much appreciated.

    That's usually when Seatools doesn't see a HDD attached.

    i.e. Seatools can't see a HDD (for what ever reason) so there is no point in
    the exit routine is to print to the screen "Remove disks or any other Media
    Press any key to Restart"

    You may be better off burning UBCD to a CDR and booting the PC from that.
    UBCD has all the HDD testing tools for all the major HDD makers and is a
    very hand CD to have.
    Available as an iso from here http://www.ultimatebootcd.com/

    Best
    Paul.
    PeeCee, May 21, 2007

  3. magic

    Ben Myers Guest

    Start the computer, go into the BIOS setup using Delete, F10 or
    whatever key is appropriate, then find "Boot Sequence" and make
    sure it is set to "A:\, C:\". Be sure to save any change when exiting.
    Then try the Seatools diskette.

    Ben

    Ben Myers, May 22, 2007
  4. magic

    magic Guest

    Floppy is set to boot first , thats when the message appears "Remove disks
    or any other Media Press any key to Restart", just can't boot from floppy or
    cd drive.

    magic, May 22, 2007
  5. magic

    Guest

    "magic" <> wrote:

    >Floppy is set to boot first , thats when the message appears "Remove disks
    >or any other Media Press any key to Restart", just can't boot from floppy or
    >cd drive.

    Got two floppies or a Win98 OS? you need to copy sys to the floppy you
    want to boot with.
    http://www.pcmag.com/encyclopedia_term/0,2542,t=DOS Sys&i=41865,00.asp
    (popups)

    --

    Homer and the "any key"
    http://sugiero.blogspot.com/2007/05/todays-faq.html
  6. magic

    Ben Myers Guest

    Test the Seatools diskette in a known good computer. Also, make sure the
    CD drive in the problem computer is empty.

    Ben

    Ben Myers, May 22, 2007
  7. magic

    Guest