    In Seagate site there is discussion about TOGGLING ATA HDs to older
    motherboards, is that what it is? what should I do to get a reading of
    simple UDMA 33 for my PRIMARY MASTER HD?

    bardeban, Apr 7, 2004

  2. bardeban

    why? Guest

    On Tue, 6 Apr 2004 22:00:09 -0400, bardeban wrote:

    A few days ago when you last asked the same question 'hushia' asked what
    motherboard you have, you didn't answer.

    It may help to give the hardrive model number as well.

    >I have a 10GB Seagate hard drive, 5400RPM ,ATA 100
    >My motherboard only supports UDMA33 or ATA 33.
    >When I boot the computer at DOS page under Secondary master I read UDMA 33
    >for CD-ROM which is good but for primary master it saysUDMA 82,10,101MB

    <snip>

    You could always buy an ATA 100 card.

    Me

    why?, Apr 7, 2004

  3. bardeban

    biteme Guest

    BIOS setting. Refer to motherboard\BIOS mfg. for manual\settings.
    Or
    Hard drive size barrier? Info link:

    http://www.dewassoc.com/kbase/hard_drives/hard_drive_size_barriers.htm

    "bardeban" <> wrote in message
    > I have a 10GB Seagate hard drive, 5400RPM ,ATA 100
    > My motherboard only supports UDMA33 or ATA 33.
    > When I boot the computer at DOS page under Secondary master I read UDMA 33
    > for CD-ROM which is good but for primary master it saysUDMA 82,10,101MB
    > which I can't say what it is? Is it because of ATA100 HD that my

    motherboard

    biteme, Apr 7, 2004