    slow. So, I'm just gonna move the maxtor into the other slot and use it
    strictly for storage.

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16822148065

    Pancho Claus, Sep 23, 2005

  2. Pancho Claus

    why? Guest

    On 23 Sep 2005 05:30:15 -0700, Pancho Claus wrote:

    >Just bought this new 250 gig Seagate Barracuda hard drive to replace my
    >Maxtor 250 gig that is crapping out. Now when I installed my old Maxtor
    >it was just a matter of popping it in and hooking up the cable to it.
    >Do I need anything xtra when I put the Seagate in? Below is a link to
    >the new Seagate I just bought. The maxtor I'm replacing failed a
    >diagnostics test and took forever for windows to reformat it so I can
    >do fresh reinstall. Windows installed okay on it but it boots up really
    >slow. So, I'm just gonna move the maxtor into the other slot and use it
    >strictly for storage.
    >

    >http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16822148065

    Not a bad start, provide details of the new SATA drive, but then fail to
    mention anything about the Maxtor model or your motherboard.

    If the Maxtor ia a PATA , IDE 40 pin cable and you don't have SATA
    connectors data and power or even the option in your BIOS for booting
    from SATA then you may have some issues.

    Below is a link to a SATA post from a few days ago.

    http://groups.google.com/group/24ho...ta host adaptor&rnum=1&hl=en#856fd4b4ea4f6701
    or shorter
    http://makeashorterlink.com/?I25A419DB
    links to a site showing you the cables / adapter options , a few of
    many.

    Me

    why?, Sep 23, 2005