    ps...did I say how I love the spell check as you go feature? just like
    msword....COOOOL

    Beth
    bstern, Feb 1, 2006

  2. bstern wrote:
    > OK so I downloaded and installed seamonkey....one question...I have a
    > thick gray band at the bottom of my browser window that has some html in
    > it...what is it....and how do I get rid of it?
    >
    > can't wait to download some extensions tomorrow...
    >
    > thanks everyone
    >
    > ps...did I say how I love the spell check as you go feature? just like
    > msword....COOOOL
    >
    > Beth

    If you have a 3rd party theme installed, switch to one of the default
    themes.

    If that doesn't fix it, post back, you may have an extension problem.

    Lee
    Leonidas Jones, Feb 1, 2006

  3. bstern

    gwtc Guest

    Leonidas Jones wrote:
    > bstern wrote:
    >
    >>OK so I downloaded and installed seamonkey....one question...I have a
    >>thick gray band at the bottom of my browser window that has some html in
    >>it...what is it....and how do I get rid of it?
    >>
    >>can't wait to download some extensions tomorrow...
    >>
    >>thanks everyone
    >>
    >>ps...did I say how I love the spell check as you go feature? just like
    >>msword....COOOOL
    >>
    >>Beth

    > If you have a 3rd party theme installed, switch to one of the default
    > themes.
    >
    > If that doesn't fix it, post back, you may have an extension problem.
    >
    > Lee

    I don't think its an extension, after all he did say he'll download
    some tomorrow.
    gwtc, Feb 1, 2006
  4. bstern

    bstern Guest

    gwtc wrote:
    > Leonidas Jones wrote:
    >> bstern wrote:
    >>
    >>> OK so I downloaded and installed seamonkey....one question...I have a
    >>> thick gray band at the bottom of my browser window that has some html
    >>> in it...what is it....and how do I get rid of it?
    >>>
    >>> can't wait to download some extensions tomorrow...
    >>>
    >>> thanks everyone
    >>>
    >>> ps...did I say how I love the spell check as you go feature? just
    >>> like msword....COOOOL
    >>>
    >>> Beth

    >> If you have a 3rd party theme installed, switch to one of the default
    >> themes.
    >>
    >> If that doesn't fix it, post back, you may have an extension problem.
    >>
    >> Lee

    > I don't think its an extension, after all he did say he'll download some
    > tomorrow.

    It is still there, I have no themes as yet, justthe choices between
    modern and classic. Switching between them does not change the bar at
    the bottom...this is what it says

    <DOCTYPE window SYSTEM "chrome://prefbar/locale/prefbarOverlay.dtd">
    bstern, Feb 1, 2006
  5. bstern

    gwtc Guest

    bstern wrote:
    > gwtc wrote:

    >>>If you have a 3rd party theme installed, switch to one of the default
    >>>themes.
    >>>
    >>>If that doesn't fix it, post back, you may have an extension problem.
    >>>
    >>>Lee

    >>I don't think its an extension, after all he did say he'll download some
    >>tomorrow.

    > It is still there, I have no themes as yet, justthe choices between
    > modern and classic. Switching between them does not change the bar at
    > the bottom...this is what it says
    >
    > <DOCTYPE window SYSTEM "chrome://prefbar/locale/prefbarOverlay.dtd">

    have you installed the prefbar? If so, then uninstall it and get the
    newer version.
    gwtc, Feb 1, 2006
  6. bstern wrote:
    > gwtc wrote:

    >>> If you have a 3rd party theme installed, switch to one of the default
    >>> themes.
    >>>
    >>> If that doesn't fix it, post back, you may have an extension problem.
    >>>
    >>> Lee

    >> I don't think its an extension, after all he did say he'll download
    >> some tomorrow.

    > It is still there, I have no themes as yet, justthe choices between
    > modern and classic. Switching between them does not change the bar at
    > the bottom...this is what it says
    >
    > <DOCTYPE window SYSTEM "chrome://prefbar/locale/prefbarOverlay.dtd">

    So it is an extension, the Preferences Toolbar. You obviously have an
    outdated version, try installing the most recent:

    http://prefbar.mozdev.org/

    Lee
    Leonidas Jones, Feb 1, 2006