    So what do I do to make her Sea Monkey swim about and eat
    the proper plankton?

    Dan C

    Dan C, Oct 8, 2007

  2. Dan C

    Ed Mullen Guest

    Dan C wrote:
    > OS XP Pro
    >
    > My wife uses Sea Monkey. Her mail folders disappeared. I took the
    > opportunity to un-install and older version and install the latest
    > download, 1.1.4. It did not automatically import her profile from prior
    > version, no bookmarks, no mail folders. Her history is present as is
    > her address book.
    >
    > I have located her .slt folder and the mail subfolder does contain her
    > mail files. And oddly (to me), it also contains my current Firefox
    > bookmarks.html and junklog.html file.
    >
    > So what do I do to make her Sea Monkey swim about and eat the proper
    > plankton?
    >
    > Dan C

    check to make sure the shortcut that you use to start SM is referencing
    the correct profile. http://edmullen.net/Mozilla/moz_commands.html

    And, you can start SM's Profile Manager to see if it is finding your
    wife's profile.

    As to your files being in her profile, sounds like you did some copying
    of files. Perhaps you're confusing your wife's and your profiles?

    --
    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net

    Ed Mullen, Oct 8, 2007

  3. Dan C

    Dan C Guest

    Ed Mullen wrote:
    > Dan C wrote:
    >> OS XP Pro
    >>
    >> My wife uses Sea Monkey. Her mail folders disappeared. I took the
    >> opportunity to un-install and older version and install the latest
    >> download, 1.1.4. It did not automatically import her profile from
    >> prior version, no bookmarks, no mail folders. Her history is present
    >> as is her address book.
    >>
    >> I have located her .slt folder and the mail subfolder does contain her
    >> mail files. And oddly (to me), it also contains my current Firefox
    >> bookmarks.html and junklog.html file.
    >>
    >> So what do I do to make her Sea Monkey swim about and eat the proper
    >> plankton?
    >>
    >> Dan C

    > check to make sure the shortcut that you use to start SM is referencing
    > the correct profile. http://edmullen.net/Mozilla/moz_commands.html
    >
    > And, you can start SM's Profile Manager to see if it is finding your
    > wife's profile.
    >
    > As to your files being in her profile, sounds like you did some copying
    > of files. Perhaps you're confusing your wife's and your profiles?

    Thanks Ed.

    I ended up creating a new profile and copying old profile
    into the new one and taking to heart , somewhere on your
    website your suggestion to install Mozbackup!

    Dan

    Dan C, Oct 12, 2007