    Unfortunately, FAT32 won’t cope, and Microsoft is trying to make everyone
    use its proprietary, patented exFAT filesystem on them.

    I’d recomment ext2 or ext3 <http://www.fs-driver.org/>.
    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Sep 16, 2010

  2. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    Richard Guest

    > They go beyond 32GiB in size, apparently up to 2TiB
    > <http://www.zdnet.com/blog/storage/sdxc-cards-take-on-ssds/1088>.
    > Unfortunately, FAT32 won’t cope, and Microsoft is trying to make everyone
    > use its proprietary, patented exFAT filesystem on them.
    >
    > I’d recomment ext2 or ext3<http://www.fs-driver.org/>.

    Does ntfs work on the most popular desktop operating system? Even the
    second most popular can read ntfs out of the box, and I believe exFAT as
    well

    exfat is made to work with braindead devices like cameras that can
    barely handle fat as it is, it has no permissions to worry about, it is
    widely supported in the most popular desktop operating system as well as
    hardware devices labeled with exfat support.

    How many TVs or video cameras will work with an ext3 formatted card?
    Richard, Sep 16, 2010

  3. In message <i6sc4p$nml$>, Richard wrote:

    > Does ntfs work on the most popular desktop operating system?

    Yes, Linux can handle it. :)

    > How many TVs or video cameras will work with an ext3 formatted card?

    Probably all those that can handle SDXC at the moment. :)
    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Sep 16, 2010
  4. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    Simon Guest

    On Sep 16, 7:57 pm, Lawrence D'Oliveiro <l...@geek-
    central.gen.new_zealand> wrote:
    > In message <i6sc4p$>, Richard wrote:
    >
    > > Does ntfs work on the most popular desktop operating system?

    > Yes, Linux can handle it. :)

    He's got you there Richard - maybe you should have concisely defined
    the term 'popular' before inserting it into a sentence like that! ;)
    Simon, Sep 16, 2010
  5. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    Richard Guest

    > In message<i6sc4p$nml$>, Richard wrote:
    >
    >> Does ntfs work on the most popular desktop operating system?

    > Yes, Linux can handle it. :)

    Sorry, you must be looking at some wrong stats, because windows is the
    most popular desktop OS in every single set of stats I have looked at,
    even the #2 platform of mac can read it.

    >> How many TVs or video cameras will work with an ext3 formatted card?

    > Probably all those that can handle SDXC at the moment. :)

    I dont have an sdxd card to test with, but I know that they will handle
    a regular SDHC formatted with exfat.
    Richard, Sep 16, 2010
  6. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    Gunnar Gren Guest

    2010-09-16 Richard <>:
    > On 16/09/2010 7:57 p.m., Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
    >> In message<i6sc4p$nml$>, Richard wrote:
    >>
    >>> Does ntfs work on the most popular desktop operating system?

    >> Yes, Linux can handle it. :)

    > because windows is the most popular desktop OS

    Of course not, it's mearly the most used one.
    Gunnar Gren, Sep 16, 2010