SDM - Security Device Manager

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by JohnNews, Apr 25, 2004.

  1. JohnNews

    JohnNews Guest

    Hello:

    Recently discovered and read articles on CISCO Security Device Manager (SDM)
    and PIX Device Manager (PDM) software.
    In the past I have used Cisco's ConfigMaker.

    * Can any one make a quick comparison between SDM and ConfigMaker ? Which
    is better ?

    * Just wondering if SDM, PDM are available for free download from Cisco's
    web site or must I check with the reseller/vendor ?

    Thanks,
    John.

    JohnNews, Apr 25, 2004

  2. Hi,

    On a brief note,

    Cisco ConfigMaker doesn't support or will not support any new routers.
    There are no plans to add any new features.

    SDM is the one you need to consider. SDM is used to manage/configure one
    single router. You cannot design networks as in Cisco ConfigMaker.

    SDM is available for free download. But your router need to have enough
    flash to accomodate it.

    www.cisco.com/go/sdm

    Ravikumar

    Ravikumar Eswaran, Apr 26, 2004

  3. JohnNews

    JohnAbraham

    Joined:
    Feb 12, 2011
    Messages:
    1
    hi

    i don't have CCO account on cisco site. and i need SDM software for practice.

    can anyone help me that how can i get SDM freely?

    awaiting...

    John

    JohnAbraham, Feb 12, 2011