    tapes are not being placed in a usable media pool.

    Any help would be appreciated.

    -Derek

    Derek Ragona, Jun 30, 2005

  2. Derek Ragona

    Derek Ragona Guest

    I forgot to mention I am using the x86 version of Windows Server 2003
    64-bit.

    -Derek

    Derek Ragona, Jun 30, 2005

  3. OK, I give. What in the world is "x86 version of Windows Server 2003 64-bit"

    --
    Charlie.
    http://www.msmvps.com/xperts64/

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jun 30, 2005
  4. Derek Ragona

    M. Murcek Guest

    The version that does not run on Itanium? The nomenclature does become
    tiring.

    M. Murcek, Jun 30, 2005
  5. I was just going to ask the same thing myself. Microsoft needs to start
    promoting these unknown made up versions of Windows. ;-)
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jun 30, 2005
  6. Derek Ragona

    Derek Ragona Guest

    Well it turns out the real problem was in the driver. The driver interacts
    with the Removable Storage Manager and has to be insync with the API and the
    stock driver is not. I did get a driver from Quantum that works.

    As a bit of information, with drivers it looks like you can use the same
    driver accross CPU's, so the same for Itanium, AMD, and Intel BUT not with
    out having the corectly "fully decorated" (which is MS terms for properly
    labeled) .inf install file. Otherwise the drivers won't load, sayin it is
    not for that hardware platform.

    Quantum is going to post the complete driver that is for all 64-bit versions
    soon. It would be good if Microsoft told the hardware makers to update
    their driver installations to cover all 64-bit operating systems.

    -Derek

    Derek Ragona, Jul 1, 2005
  7. It's not hard, really. We have "x86" -- that's 32bit. We have "x64" -- thats
    amd64 (and EM64T when Intel finally got around to doing it), and "ia64",
    that's Itanium.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jul 1, 2005
  8. I think MS has not been at all shy about telling them. The issue is, they
    haven't been at all forthcoming with the drivers.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jul 1, 2005