    or at least a X measure, like 120x.

    TIA

    Paulo Almeida

    Paulo Almeida, Jun 29, 2008

  2. Paulo Almeida wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > Anybody has any opinion regarding the SDHC cards on the market?
    > With the new class classification (Class 2, 4 and 6) one can know the
    > minimum speed but what about the real speed?
    > For example, the Kingston 8GB SDHC Class 6 SD HC and the
    > SanDisk Ultra II SDHC 8GB which is also a class 6 card. Which one is better?
    > How can I compare the two if I don't know the real speed,
    > or at least a X measure, like 120x.

    Any help here?

    http://www.robgalbraith.com/bins/reader_report_multi_page.asp?cid=6007-9438

    --
    Blinky
    Is your ISP dropping Usenet?

    Blinky the Shark, Jun 30, 2008

  3. Paulo Almeida

    Not4wood Guest

    First of all, the Ultra II is a Class 4 and is not as fast as the Extreme
    III SDHC card which is a class 6.

    If you want speed, the Extreme III is a bit faster in both when the camera
    downloads the Image to the card and when your uploading to the puter. Its
    also tested for a higher tolerance in extreme weather conditions like both
    colder and hotter temps. Whether its true or not doesnt matter, they give a
    warrenty and also I have gotten a small CD with an image recovery program as
    a just in case I guess. Till now, I have never needed to use there program
    and I've never had a problem with any of my cards. I have the old normal
    slow SD, several Ultra II's and several Extreme III cards in both 2gigs and
    4 gigs.

    Just remember to always format your cards in the Camera you have and never
    ever Format these cards from your Computer. Doing this will keep your cards
    in great shape and as long as you make sure to turn your camera off when
    your inserting and pulling your mem cards and you shouldn't have a problem.

    Mark G
    Not4wood

    Not4wood, Jul 1, 2008
  4. "Not4wood" <no_mgottes@spam_verizon.net> wrote:

    >Just remember to always format your cards in the Camera you have and never
    >ever Format these cards from your Computer. Doing this will keep your cards
    >in great shape ....

    Why does this matter?
    -- Doug

    Douglas Johnson, Jul 1, 2008
  5. "Not4wood" <no_mgottes@spam_verizon.net> wrote:
    >Just remember to always format your cards in the Camera you have and never
    >ever Format these cards from your Computer.

    Why? Unless the camera creates a non-standard file system it doesn't
    matter one bit who creates that file system.
    And if the camera does create a non-compliant file system then you may
    want to question the sanity of the camera manufacturer as well as the
    compatibility with your OS and/or computer.

    >and as long as you make sure to turn your camera off when
    >your inserting and pulling your mem cards and you shouldn't have a problem.

    Yepp, an easy to make mistake.

    jue

    Jürgen Exner, Jul 1, 2008
  6. Douglas Johnson wrote:
    > "Not4wood" <no_mgottes@spam_verizon.net> wrote:
    >

    >> Just remember to always format your cards in the Camera you have and
    >> never ever Format these cards from your Computer. Doing this will
    >> keep your cards in great shape ....

    > Why does this matter?
    > -- Doug

    Because the computer may create a file system which the camera does not
    understand - such as FAT32 or NTFS, or create hidden "recovery" files or
    directories which reduce card capacity. Safest and simplest to always
    format in the camera.

    David

    David J Taylor, Jul 1, 2008