    that I would want to buy the camera, just want to know how it performs.
    --

    Alfred Molon

    Alfred Molon, Jun 2, 2007

  2. Alfred Molon

    Roy G Guest

    "Alfred Molon" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Just curious - why is there no review of the Sigma SD14 on dpreview? Not
    > that I would want to buy the camera, just want to know how it performs.
    > --
    >
    > Alfred Molon

    Hi

    Probably dpreview are thinking the same, so why bother?

    Roy G

    Roy G, Jun 2, 2007

  3. Alfred Molon

    nospam Guest

    In article <>, Alfred
    Molon <> wrote:

    > Just curious - why is there no review of the Sigma SD14 on dpreview? Not
    > that I would want to buy the camera, just want to know how it performs.

    for the same reason that there has only been one dslr review posted in
    recent months. phil said he has been busy with the amazon deal and is
    catching up on reviewing several cameras, including the sd-14.

    nospam, Jun 2, 2007
  4. "Alfred Molon" <> wrote in message
    > Just curious - why is there no review of the Sigma SD14 on dpreview? Not
    > that I would want to buy the camera, just want to know how it performs.

    You can read this one while Phil gets around to posting his
    http://www.ephotozine.com/article/sigma-sd14-reviewed-1. He's backed up
    with reviews as he posted in the forums

    Peter A. Stavrakoglou, Jun 2, 2007
  5. Alfred Molon

    KenJr Guest

    In article <dUj8i.30$>, says...
    > "Alfred Molon" <> wrote in message
    > > Just curious - why is there no review of the Sigma SD14 on dpreview? Not
    > > that I would want to buy the camera, just want to know how it performs.

    > You can read this one while Phil gets around to posting his
    > http://www.ephotozine.com/article/sigma-sd14-reviewed-1. He's backed up
    > with reviews as he posted in the forums

    I sure hope the reviewer screwed up with lighting, white balance, and
    focus. In the image samples provided skin tones had a yellow tint and
    all of the samples had very soft focus. It also appears to be quite
    noisy above ISO 200.

    KenJr, Jun 2, 2007
  6. Alfred Molon

    nospam Guest

    In article <dUj8i.30$>, Peter A. Stavrakoglou
    <> wrote:

    > "Alfred Molon" <> wrote in message
    > > Just curious - why is there no review of the Sigma SD14 on dpreview? Not
    > > that I would want to buy the camera, just want to know how it performs.

    > You can read this one while Phil gets around to posting his
    > http://www.ephotozine.com/article/sigma-sd14-reviewed-1. He's backed up
    > with reviews as he posted in the forums

    and after you're done reading that one, you can read one of the less
    flattering reviews:

    <http://www.whatdigitalcamera.com/equipment/review/Sigma_SD14_11480.php>

    nospam, Jun 2, 2007
  7. "nospam" <> wrote in message
    > In article <dUj8i.30$>, Peter A. Stavrakoglou
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> "Alfred Molon" <> wrote in message
    >> > Just curious - why is there no review of the Sigma SD14 on dpreview?
    >> > Not
    >> > that I would want to buy the camera, just want to know how it performs.

    >> You can read this one while Phil gets around to posting his
    >> http://www.ephotozine.com/article/sigma-sd14-reviewed-1. He's backed up
    >> with reviews as he posted in the forums

    > and after you're done reading that one, you can read one of the less
    > flattering reviews:
    >
    > <http://www.whatdigitalcamera.com/equipment/review/Sigma_SD14_11480.php>

    And after reading any of the reviews, have a look at the real proof of what
    the camera can do in the hands of someone who knows how to use it
    http://www.pbase.com/sigmadslr/user_sd14. After all, it's the image quality
    that's important.

    Peter A. Stavrakoglou, Jun 3, 2007
  8. Alfred Molon

    Alfred Molon Guest

    In article <LSB8i.10$>, says...

    > And after reading any of the reviews, have a look at the real proof of what
    > the camera can do in the hands of someone who knows how to use it
    > http://www.pbase.com/sigmadslr/user_sd14. After all, it's the image quality
    > that's important.

    I wonder why they can't launch a model with 8 or 10MP - should be enough
    pixel area in an APS-C sensor. Should have as much (real) resolution as
    a 12 or 15MP Bayer sensor (Bayer sensors have less effective resolution
    than their pixel count due to colour aliasing inaccuracies).
    --

    Alfred Molon

    Alfred Molon, Jun 4, 2007
  9. "Alfred Molon" <> wrote in message
    > In article <LSB8i.10$>, says...
    >
    >> And after reading any of the reviews, have a look at the real proof of
    >> what
    >> the camera can do in the hands of someone who knows how to use it
    >> http://www.pbase.com/sigmadslr/user_sd14. After all, it's the image
    >> quality
    >> that's important.

    > I wonder why they can't launch a model with 8 or 10MP - should be enough
    > pixel area in an APS-C sensor. Should have as much (real) resolution as
    > a 12 or 15MP Bayer sensor (Bayer sensors have less effective resolution
    > than their pixel count due to colour aliasing inaccuracies).

    Perhaps they've reached a wall, temporary or not, in the development of the
    sensor.

    Peter A. Stavrakoglou, Jun 4, 2007