    sounds like either card will fit this camera, and I just wanted to know
    the relative advantages of each. Thanks for any help.

    , Jan 31, 2005

  2. Harvey Guest

    <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I am thinking about getting the new Canon Powershot A510, and I noticed
    > that it uses an "SD/MMC card." I currently have a CF card for my
    > Powershot A70, and it seems obvious that this won't fit. What I'm
    > wondering is this--what is the difference between an SD and a
    > MultiMedia card? Is there any reason to buy one over the other? It
    > sounds like either card will fit this camera, and I just wanted to know
    > the relative advantages of each. Thanks for any help.

    SD is newer, better, faster, and has higher capacity and is the one you
    want. Steer clear of MMC. You have been warned. Google for the
    differences in the cards.

    Harvey, Feb 1, 2005

  3. Guest

    Thanks. I assume SD doesn't cost a ton more than MMC? Well, even if
    it does, it sounds worth the price. :)

    , Feb 1, 2005
  4. Harvey Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > Thanks. I assume SD doesn't cost a ton more than MMC? Well, even if
    > it does, it sounds worth the price. :)

    Real good deal in Office Depot flyer this week: Sandisk 512 MB SD Memory,
    $69.99 minus $10 Mfr mail in rebate minus $20 instant savings for total of
    $39.99.

    Harvey, Feb 1, 2005
  5. Guest

    OK, I'll keep my eyes on Office Depot when I'm ready to order. Thanks.

    , Feb 1, 2005