    cards with both.

    Thanks.
    , Dec 27, 2006

  2. Mark² Guest

    wrote:
    > Has anyone had experience with SD to Compact Flash adapters?
    >
    > I have 2 cameras here, one takes SD and the other CF, so it would be
    > nice if I could just use SD cards with both.
    >
    > Thanks.

    Google: SD to CF Adapter, and you'll get more products than you know what
    to do with...

    www.pbase.com/markuson
    Mark², Dec 27, 2006

  3. Paul Rubin Guest

    "Mark²" <mjmorgan(lowest even number here)@cox..net> writes:
    > > Has anyone had experience with SD to Compact Flash adapters?

    > Google: SD to CF Adapter, and you'll get more products than you know what
    > to do with...

    The question wasn't where to buy them, it was whether anyone here has
    actually used them, and presumably what their results were. I've been
    wondering the same thing myself.
    Paul Rubin, Dec 27, 2006
  4. Mark² Guest

    Paul Rubin wrote:
    > "Mark²" <mjmorgan(lowest even number here)@cox..net> writes:
    >>> Has anyone had experience with SD to Compact Flash adapters?

    >> Google: SD to CF Adapter, and you'll get more products than you
    >> know what to do with...

    > The question wasn't where to buy them, it was whether anyone here has
    > actually used them, and presumably what their results were. I've been
    > wondering the same thing myself.

    Right. And that Googling will reveal quite a pile of answers to that
    question...complete with many references to previously posted newsgroup
    entries.

    Put in those exact words, and you'll see.

    Or...add this: "SD to CF adapter use" and you'll have more than enough to
    answer your question.
    I read in several entries that there are success stories in Canon 350Ds for
    example...as long as you select an adapter that fully encloses the SD card
    within the CF (without protrusion beyond the CF spec size).

    www.pbase.com/markuson
    Mark², Dec 27, 2006
  5. Ron Hunter Guest

    wrote:
    > Has anyone had experience with SD to Compact Flash adapters?
    >
    > I have 2 cameras here, one takes SD and the other CF, so it would be nice if I could just use SD
    > cards with both.
    >
    > Thanks.

    Some attention to that consideration when selecting the second camera
    would have been the better place to start. Since the actual memory
    chips in both media are the same, it seems possible that going from SD
    to CF would be possible with a suitable adapter. No experience with
    such, though.
    Ron Hunter, Dec 27, 2006
  6. Ron Hunter Guest

    Mark² wrote:
    > Paul Rubin wrote:
    >>> Google: SD to CF Adapter, and you'll get more products than you
    >>> know what to do with...

    >> The question wasn't where to buy them, it was whether anyone here has
    >> actually used them, and presumably what their results were. I've been
    >> wondering the same thing myself.

    > Right. And that Googling will reveal quite a pile of answers to that
    > question...complete with many references to previously posted newsgroup
    > entries.
    >
    > Put in those exact words, and you'll see.
    >
    > Or...add this: "SD to CF adapter use" and you'll have more than enough to
    > answer your question.
    > I read in several entries that there are success stories in Canon 350Ds for
    > example...as long as you select an adapter that fully encloses the SD card
    > within the CF (without protrusion beyond the CF spec size).

    I should think that any camera accepting type II CF cards would have no
    problem with such an adapter.
    Ron Hunter, Dec 27, 2006
  7. Mark² Guest

    Ron Hunter wrote:
    > Mark² wrote:
    >> Paul Rubin wrote:
    >>> The question wasn't where to buy them, it was whether anyone here
    >>> has actually used them, and presumably what their results were. I've
    >>> been wondering the same thing myself.

    >> Right. And that Googling will reveal quite a pile of answers to that
    >> question...complete with many references to previously posted
    >> newsgroup entries.
    >>
    >> Put in those exact words, and you'll see.
    >>
    >> Or...add this: "SD to CF adapter use" and you'll have more than
    >> enough to answer your question.
    >> I read in several entries that there are success stories in Canon
    >> 350Ds for example...as long as you select an adapter that fully
    >> encloses the SD card within the CF (without protrusion beyond the CF
    >> spec size).

    > I should think that any camera accepting type II CF cards would have
    > no problem with such an adapter.

    Right.
    You just have to be careful to buy an adapter that fully encloses the SD.
    Some adapters are apparently built with the assumption you'll only use it in
    a card reader, because the SD sticks out...meaning you couldn't close the
    door on your camera.

    www.pbase.com/markuson
    Mark², Dec 27, 2006
  8. Guest

    On Wed, 27 Dec 2006 01:05:36 -0800, "Mark²" <mjmorgan(lowest even number here)@cox..net> wrote:

    > Paul Rubin wrote:
    > >>
    > >> Google: SD to CF Adapter, and you'll get more products than you
    > >> know what to do with...

    > > The question wasn't where to buy them, it was whether anyone here has
    > > actually used them, and presumably what their results were. I've been
    > > wondering the same thing myself.

    > Right. And that Googling will reveal quite a pile of answers to that
    > question...complete with many references to previously posted newsgroup
    > entries.
    >
    > Put in those exact words, and you'll see.
    >
    > Or...add this: "SD to CF adapter use" and you'll have more than enough to
    > answer your question.
    > I read in several entries that there are success stories in Canon 350Ds for
    > example...as long as you select an adapter that fully encloses the SD card
    > within the CF (without protrusion beyond the CF spec size).

    And how many of those web links are fake?

    The manufacturers are well known for putting fake reviews online.
    , Dec 27, 2006
  9. Mark² Guest

    wrote:
    > On Wed, 27 Dec 2006 01:05:36 -0800, "Mark²" <mjmorgan(lowest even
    > number here)@cox..net> wrote:
    >
    >> Paul Rubin wrote:

    >>> The question wasn't where to buy them, it was whether anyone here
    >>> has actually used them, and presumably what their results were.
    >>> I've been wondering the same thing myself.

    >> Right. And that Googling will reveal quite a pile of answers to that
    >> question...complete with many references to previously posted
    >> newsgroup entries.
    >>
    >> Put in those exact words, and you'll see.
    >>
    >> Or...add this: "SD to CF adapter use" and you'll have more than
    >> enough to answer your question.
    >> I read in several entries that there are success stories in Canon
    >> 350Ds for example...as long as you select an adapter that fully
    >> encloses the SD card within the CF (without protrusion beyond the CF
    >> spec size).

    > And how many of those web links are fake?
    >
    > The manufacturers are well known for putting fake reviews online.

    Oh brother.
    This is a very simple product.

    www.pbase.com/markuson
    Mark², Dec 27, 2006
  10. Paul Rubin Guest

    "Mark²" <mjmorgan(lowest even number here)@cox..net> writes:
    > Oh brother.
    > This is a very simple product.

    Have you used one? Did it work? How was the transfer speed, etc.?
    Did you try it with a 2GB SD card? 4GB? What brand? What about SDHC?
    Paul Rubin, Dec 27, 2006
  11. ASAAR Guest

    On Wed, 27 Dec 2006 04:10:27 -0800, "Mark²" (br'er mjmorgan) wrote:

    >> And how many of those web links are fake?
    >>
    >> The manufacturers are well known for putting fake reviews online.

    > Oh brother.
    > This is a very simple product.

    Oh brother indeed. First you try to weasel your way out of
    admitting that you misread the OP, and thought it was a request for
    products rather than user's experiences with the adapters. Now
    you're hitting your stride, anger building, and if past history is a
    guide, insults and nastiness may soon follow. The products are NOT
    as simple as you think, and I doubt that you know or are willing to
    guarantee which adapters can deal with SD cards greater than 2GB and
    whether any of them will work with SDHC cards.
    ASAAR, Dec 27, 2006
  12. Shawn Hirn Guest

    In article <>,
    wrote:

    > On Wed, 27 Dec 2006 01:05:36 -0800, "Mark²" <mjmorgan(lowest even number
    > here)@cox..net> wrote:
    >
    > > Paul Rubin wrote:

    > > > The question wasn't where to buy them, it was whether anyone here has
    > > > actually used them, and presumably what their results were. I've been
    > > > wondering the same thing myself.

    > > Right. And that Googling will reveal quite a pile of answers to that
    > > question...complete with many references to previously posted newsgroup
    > > entries.
    > >
    > > Put in those exact words, and you'll see.
    > >
    > > Or...add this: "SD to CF adapter use" and you'll have more than enough to
    > > answer your question.
    > > I read in several entries that there are success stories in Canon 350Ds for
    > > example...as long as you select an adapter that fully encloses the SD card
    > > within the CF (without protrusion beyond the CF spec size).

    > And how many of those web links are fake?
    >
    > The manufacturers are well known for putting fake reviews online.

    As opposed to responses to Usenet postings?
    Shawn Hirn, Dec 27, 2006
  13. Prometheus Guest

    In article <>, Ron Hunter
    <> writes
    > wrote:
    >> Has anyone had experience with SD to Compact Flash adapters?
    >> I have 2 cameras here, one takes SD and the other CF, so it would be
    >>nice if I could just use SD
    >> cards with both.
    >> Thanks.
    >>

    >Some attention to that consideration when selecting the second camera
    >would have been the better place to start. Since the actual memory
    >chips in both media are the same, it seems possible that going from SD
    >to CF would be possible with a suitable adapter. No experience with
    >such, though.

    Given the low cost of memory cards I prefer to chose my camera on
    photographic performance and not risk compromising the principle (sole)
    function in order to save a few pounds.
    --
    Ian G8ILZ
    There are always two people in every picture: the photographer and the viewer.
    Prometheus, Dec 27, 2006
  14. In article <>,
    wrote:

    > Has anyone had experience with SD to Compact Flash adapters?
    >
    > I have 2 cameras here, one takes SD and the other CF, so it would be nice if
    > I could just use SD
    > cards with both.

    Snapper-

    I have one with the Minolta brand, but I've seen others advertised.
    Yes, it works. Mine has the SD card inserted on the side, so it is
    necessary to remove the adapter to remove the SD card. I've used it
    both with a Canon Rebel 300D and a Sony Alpha 100, and 1 GB SD cards.

    One problem you will face is with SD cards greater than 2 GB. I think
    that is the limit of the currently defined standard, so there is no
    guarantee larger SD cards will work with the old adapter, even though
    larger CF cards are now available. (If you try a larger currently
    available SD card, it may work with the adapter in a CF camera, but may
    not work in an SD camera!)

    Fred
    Fred McKenzie, Dec 27, 2006