    Where will I see this performance difference?
    Does it make a difference when taking a picture? ie. time to next shot?

    Thanks

    E-Star, Oct 19, 2004

  2. E-Star

    Mr Jessop Guest

    It will if the camera can write at that extra speed. You mostly notice it
    when using a card reader and copying to your hard drive.

    Mr Jessop, Oct 20, 2004

  3. E-Star

    Chris Guest

    "Mr Jessop" <> wrote in message news:<VRBdd.12400$>...
    > It will if the camera can write at that extra speed. You mostly notice it
    > when using a card reader and copying to your hard drive.

    What's the fastest speed for an SD memory card now? I saw 60X advertised
    somewhere. Is that the same as 10MB/s? I'm looking at buying a couple from
    www.gadgeet.com. I need a fast memory card for my digital camera.

    TIA. Chris

    Chris, Oct 21, 2004
  4. E-Star

    Mr Jessop Guest

    "Chris" <-host.org> wrote in message
    > "Mr Jessop" <> wrote in message
    >> It will if the camera can write at that extra speed. You mostly notice
    >> it
    >> when using a card reader and copying to your hard drive.

    > What's the fastest speed for an SD memory card now? I saw 60X advertised
    > somewhere. Is that the same as 10MB/s? I'm looking at buying a couple
    > from
    > www.gadgeet.com. I need a fast memory card for my digital camera.
    >
    > TIA. Chris

    I would concentrate on finding out what speed your camera can actually make
    use of.

    Mr Jessop, Oct 21, 2004
  5. E-Star

    Patrick Boch Guest

    Look around for a Nikon 4500...Great camera/should be cheap...durable...many
    accessories...SD memory sucks...Have no idea why the went that direction...

    --
    {{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{)
    Patrick

    Patrick Boch, Oct 23, 2004
  6. E-Star

    Chris Guest

    "Mr Jessop" <> wrote in message news:<z4Tdd.12791$>...
    > "Chris" <-host.org> wrote in message
    > > "Mr Jessop" <> wrote in message
    > >> It will if the camera can write at that extra speed. You mostly notice
    > >> it
    > >> when using a card reader and copying to your hard drive.

    > > What's the fastest speed for an SD memory card now? I saw 60X advertised
    > > somewhere. Is that the same as 10MB/s? I'm looking at buying a couple
    > > from
    > > www.gadgeet.com. I need a fast memory card for my digital camera.
    > >
    > > TIA. Chris

    > I would concentrate on finding out what speed your camera can actually make
    > use of.

    It's a good point. Ok, I've been looking around on usenet but found no
    information for my Kodak DX7590. if you got some links, I'd really appreciate
    it!

    Chris

    Chris, Oct 23, 2004
  7. E-Star

    > "Mr Jessop" <> wrote in message
    >> "Chris" <-host.org> wrote in message
    >> > "Mr Jessop" <> wrote in message
    >> >
    >> > What's the fastest speed for an SD memory card now? I saw 60X
    >> > advertised
    >> > somewhere. Is that the same as 10MB/s? I'm looking at buying a couple
    >> > from
    >> > www.gadgeet.com. I need a fast memory card for my digital camera.
    >> >
    >> > TIA. Chris

    >> I would concentrate on finding out what speed your camera can actually
    >> make
    >> use of.

    > It's a good point. Ok, I've been looking around on usenet but found no
    > information for my Kodak DX7590. if you got some links, I'd really
    > appreciate
    > it!

    given the price point of this camera i would be surprised if it could make
    use of a sandisk ultra II. Most cameras make up for this by having a
    buffer. Find out if it has one and how many pics it can take continuously
    before stopping to write to the card.

    Mr Jessop, Oct 23, 2004
  8. Patrick Boch wrote:
    > Look around for a Nikon 4500...Great camera/should be
    > cheap...durable...many accessories...SD memory sucks...Have no idea
    > why the went that direction...

    "SD memory sucks"

    Why?

    David