    going on?

    Thanks,
    Jeff

    Jdguay, Jan 13, 2008

  2. Jdguay

    Chet39 Guest

    Guess: hope somebody else has a better answer.

    Something about your computer has a 1Gb limit. Might be the BIOS. What OS
    version are you running.

    Chet39, Jan 13, 2008

  3. Jdguay

    flambe Guest

    From Microsoft:

    "The root directory for a FAT drive has a fixed size and is stored in a
    fixed location on the disk. All hard disk drives use 32 sectors of 512 bytes
    each to store the root directory. This limits the root directory on a hard
    disk drive to 16K: 32 sectors x 512 bytes per sector = 16,384 bytes, or 16K.

    MS-DOS uses one directory entry for each file and folder, but Windows 95
    uses additional directory entries to store long file names and folder names,
    and the associated 8.3 aliases. This means that you can run out of directory
    entries with fewer than 512 files or folders in the root directory."

    A FAT16 root drive, e.g. your SD card, theoretically is allowed to contain
    512 files. However in the real world, as you have experienced, the number
    may be less.

    If your device can read a FAT32 formatted card you may be able to cram more
    onto the root directory.

    flambe, Jan 13, 2008
  4. Jdguay

    Kyote Guest

    Not really sure this would work but you could try making a directory
    for the pictures on the SD card then making shortcuts to each
    directoried picture in the root. The picture frame may not be able to
    read shortcuts though.

    Alternatively you could see if your picture frame can display animated
    gifs. If so then get yourself a program that lets you make gifs and
    make a few with several of your pictures per gif. Each gif will
    animate through the pictures you set inside and you can even make the
    delays what you prefer, or add special effects, or even comments
    ..

    Kyote, Jan 15, 2008
  5. Jdguay

    sandy58 Guest

    On Jan 15, 9:21 pm, Kyote <kyote_love_at_no_spam_hotmail_dot_com>
    wrote:
    > Not really sure this would work but you could try making a directory
    > for the pictures on the SD card then making shortcuts to each
    > directoried picture in the root. The picture frame may not be able to
    > read shortcuts though.
    >
    > Alternatively you could see if your picture frame can display animated
    > gifs. If so then get yourself a program that lets you make gifs and
    > make a few with several of your pictures per gif. Each gif will
    > animate through the pictures you set inside and you can even make the
    > delays what you prefer, or add special effects, or even comments
    > .
    >
    > On Sun, 13 Jan 2008 14:21:10 GMT, "Jdguay"
    >
    > <> wrote:
    > >Hi,
    > >I have a 2gb SD card that I am trying to put pictures on for a digital
    > >picture frame. I have 343 pictures on it right now, all jpegs. When I try
    > >to place another file, jpeg or mp3 I get "error 0x80070052 The directory or
    > >file cannot be created". I still have a ton of free space. Everything is
    > >on the root directory because the frame won't read directories. What is
    > >going on?

    > >Thanks,
    > >Jeff

    Kyote, WTF are you on about? Who mentioned gif? *If so then get
    yourself a program that lets you make gifs and make a few with several
    of your pictures per gif.* Just like that? You are adding to the OT's
    problem, chum.
    Your wandering. :)

    sandy58, Jan 17, 2008
  6. Jdguay

    TroyBoy Guest

    On Jan 14, 1:21 am, "Jdguay" <> wrote:
    > Hi,
    > I have a 2gb SD card that I am trying to put pictures on for a digital
    > picture frame. I have 343 pictures on it right now, all jpegs. When I try
    > to place another file, jpeg or mp3 I get "error 0x80070052 The directory or
    > file cannot be created". I still have a ton of free space. Everything is
    > on the root directory because the frame won't read directories. What is
    > going on?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Jeff

    Mate Iv'e got the same problem, and yes I bought mine for $20 off ebay
    from HJong Kong...from what I read....Ive been duded!

    TroyBoy, Jan 20, 2008
  7. Jdguay

    Baron Guest

    TroyBoy wrote:

    > On Jan 14, 1:21 am, "Jdguay" <> wrote:
    >> Hi,
    >> I have a 2gb SD card that I am trying to put pictures on for a
    >> digital
    >> picture frame. I have 343 pictures on it right now, all jpegs. When
    >> I try to place another file, jpeg or mp3 I get "error 0x80070052 The

    There is no space left in the file allocation table.

    --
    Best Regards:
    Baron.

    Baron, Jan 20, 2008
  8. Jdguay

    Guest

    I have 1GByte SD and it has already 365 pictures (FAT16)

    Try some utility which read/write directly to sectors
    for example http://xedit.smike.ru
    and try to read some sector from the last Cylinder, if it is not
    possible it problem of your SD drive or SD itself, otherwise it is
    something else.
    By the way with the same editor you may check type of FAT too.

    , Jan 31, 2008