SD cards

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Sam, Dec 28, 2007.

  1. Sam

    measekite Guest

    Ron Hunter wrote:
    > measekite wrote:
    >>

    >> Ron Hunter wrote:
    >>>>
    >>> I would much rather have 4 $20 2GB cards!

    >> Why?

    > First, because I am wary of putting all my eggs in one basket.
    > Second, it is more flexible, in that I can use multiple cards for
    > multiple purposes, simultaneously. Third, it is about 70% cheaper!

    Still it would be nice to have a 4GB SD card to shoot a long movie.

    measekite, Jan 23, 2008

  2. Sam

    Ron Hunter Guest

    measekite wrote:

    > Ron Hunter wrote:
    >> measekite wrote:
    >>> Best Buy is the worst store to buy photo (most computer stuff as
    >>> well) from. Their return policy lags way behind other stores. If
    >>> you return something with a receipt they want to charge you a
    >>> restocking fee. I would never buy from them.

    >> It depends on WHY you returned the item. If it is defective, then you
    >> will not be charged a restocking fee (since they won't be restocking it).
    >> I have dealt with Best Buy for years and never had a single problem
    >> with them. Perhaps there is a problem with management of your store.

    > Not at all. Follow this scenario. Based on advertising and
    > specifications you purchase something where you have a reasonable
    > expectation. After trying it out you find that you expectations were
    > not met and the product was just hyped up. So you want to return it
    > with a receipt. The product was actually sold under false pretenses (or
    > the BB sales person gave you incorrect or inflated information) and now
    > you are facing a restocking fee.
    >
    > There are many other vendors who have even better prices without this
    > general policy. BB offers you nothing that other stores offer with the
    > exception that they do not offer rebates.

    I can only suggest you do more research before buying ANY product. A
    bit of research will save you those restocking fees, and keep you out of
    the lines at the return counter.

    Ron Hunter, Jan 24, 2008

  3. Sam

    Ron Hunter Guest

    measekite wrote:

    > Ron Hunter wrote:
    >> measekite wrote:

    >>> Why?

    >> First, because I am wary of putting all my eggs in one basket.
    >> Second, it is more flexible, in that I can use multiple cards for
    >> multiple purposes, simultaneously. Third, it is about 70% cheaper!

    > Still it would be nice to have a 4GB SD card to shoot a long movie.

    Get a digital Movie Camera.

    Ron Hunter, Jan 24, 2008
  4. Sam

    Roger (K8RI) Guest

    On Wed, 23 Jan 2008 13:46:08 -0800, measekite <>
    wrote:

    Please take care in your trimming, except for the header it appears I
    am the one who said BB is a bad place to buy and I did not say that.

    You trimming and attributes both show that single comment inserted
    came from me

    >Roger (K8RI) wrote: On Thu, 27 Dec 2007 23:03:58 -0500, "Sam"
    ><sam@nospamformeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee> wrote:
    >

    > What brand of SD card are best I saw a 8gb for $199. at best buy but
    >thought that was too much

    I did not post the following two lines!

    > Best Buy is a very bad place to buy anything technical. If you want to return it for any reason they will charge you a restocking fee even if you have a receipt.
    > Who needs them. You can get as good a price from many places who have reasonable return policies.

    Maybe in your neighborhood but not here in Midland. The remote for
    our TV started getting flaky after nearly a year. I took it in just to
    try it against one of their sets so I'd know if the problem was in the
    TV or remote. They gave me a new remote, no questions asked.

    In general you have so many days in which you can return an item
    without a restocking fee. They even let me try out several TVs to make
    sure I got the one I wanted.

    Roger (K8RI)

    Roger (K8RI), Jan 24, 2008