    Regards,

    Peter
    <><

    webmaster, Sep 16, 2006

  2. webmaster

    Bert Hyman Guest

    In news: "webmaster"
    <> wrote:

    > Greetings,
    >
    > Just bought two 2GB SD cards to use in my MP3 player, copying music
    > files to the disks I was able only to write up to 340MB, I can make a
    > new folder and able to increase this, but my MP3 player does not
    > support folders.
    >
    > I have two 512 MB cards and am able to write up to 480MB without any
    > problem.
    >
    > Is the any reason why I am unable to use the full capacity?
    >
    > Any help welcomed.

    Have you formatted the cards? Did you chose FAT16 or FAT32 format?

    The root directory of a FAT16 file system can only have 512 entries, so
    it's probably the number of files that's causing your problem, not their
    size.

    --
    Bert Hyman St. Paul, MN
    Bert Hyman, Sep 16, 2006

  3. webmaster

    doS Guest

    did you get those off ebay?

    doS, Sep 16, 2006
  4. webmaster

    webmaster Guest

    Greetings,

    "Bert Hyman" <> wrote

    > Have you formatted the cards? Did you chose FAT16 or FAT32 format?
    >
    > The root directory of a FAT16 file system can only have 512 entries, so
    > it's probably the number of files that's causing your problem, not their
    > size.

    Thanks for your reply Bert, I had not formatted the cards, so have now done
    this and can now access the whole cards, thanks for your help.

    "doS" <> wrote

    > did you get those off ebay?

    No, 7dayshop.co.uk, they are usually very good, I have had smaller cards
    before off them.

    --
    Regards,

    Peter