SD cards and spare battery for FZ20?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Pierre Jelenc, Feb 21, 2005.

  1. Pierre Jelenc, Feb 21, 2005

  2. Pierre Jelenc

    Bill Rude Guest

    On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 01:25:11 +0000 (UTC), (Pierre Jelenc) wrote:

    >Should I stick to the Panasonic memory cards and battery, or are there
    >cheaper (reliable) alternatives?

    I use the KingMax 60X 1GB SD cards in my FZ20 and I have bought a couple cheap
    batteries off eBay for spares, so far the batteries are okay.

    Bill Rude, Feb 21, 2005

  3. I bougt an 128 MB lexar card (sd) for 33 euro and an orbit charger with 4
    sanyo aa nicd batteries for 11 euro more.I have the Kodak CX 7300 which
    works perfectly up till now.

    --
    Tzortzakakis Dimitriïs
    dimtzort AT otenet DOT gr

    Dimitrios Tzortzakakis, Feb 21, 2005
  4. Pierre Jelenc

    Mark² Guest

    "Pierre Jelenc" <> wrote in message news:cvbd9n$ekc$...

    > Should I stick to the Panasonic memory cards and battery, or are there
    > cheaper (reliable) alternatives?

    No.
    Not unless you want to pay extra money so that it says "Panasonic."
    You can use any SD card you please.

    The battery is another matter.
    This depends upon what is available from third parties.
    Power2000 is a reputable brand which I successfully use with my Canon 10D. They make
    replacement batteries for many different cameras, and their batteries usually have better
    power ratings than the manufacturer's own version.
    www.bhphotovideo.com carries Power2000, and is one of the two or three best reputed
    dealers on the web. I'd check there under the name specification/model number of your
    camera's battery.
    -Mark

    Mark², Feb 21, 2005
  5. Pierre Jelenc

    irwell Guest

    On Sun, 20 Feb 2005 21:30:35 -0700, Bill Rude <> wrote:

    >On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 01:25:11 +0000 (UTC), (Pierre Jelenc) wrote:
    >

    >>Should I stick to the Panasonic memory cards and battery, or are there
    >>cheaper (reliable) alternatives?

    >I use the KingMax 60X 1GB SD cards in my FZ20 and I have bought a couple cheap
    >batteries off eBay for spares, so far the batteries are okay.

    Bought a Danemark 512 Mb for about $40, seems Ok so
    far, after about 400 pics. Got from amazon.com, actually
    supplied from Jand R, very reliable supplier.

    irwell, Feb 21, 2005