    find a better and cheaper.

    Thanks!
    Mikie

    Mikie, Jan 31, 2009

  2. Mikie

    tony cooper Guest

    On Sat, 31 Jan 2009 05:29:46 -0800 (PST), Mikie <> wrote:

    >Hello!
    >
    >I bought an ,'el cheapo' plastic SD Card Reader and I'm afraid it's
    >going to fall apart into a dozen little plastic pieces.
    >
    >Need a recommended reader hopefully made of metal with simple means of
    >inserting the card and inserting the reader into USB port.
    >
    >Mfr, or vendor or serial numbe ror even a model number would make me
    >happy! I saw a metalone for 16.95 and I may go that route if I can't
    >find a better and cheaper.

    I have a card reader that has lasted over a year with no damage
    despite no special care taken. I won't recommend the brand, though,
    since it's a $6 cheap plastic one.

    --
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida

    tony cooper, Jan 31, 2009

  3. Mikie

    Nervous Nick Guest

    On Jan 31, 7:29 am, Mikie <> wrote:
    > Hello!
    >
    > I bought an ,'el cheapo' plastic SD Card Reader and I'm afraid it's
    > going to fall apart into a dozen little plastic pieces.
    >
    > Need a recommended reader hopefully made of metal with simple means of
    > inserting the card and inserting the reader into USB port.
    >
    > Mfr, or vendor  or serial numbe ror even a model number would make me
    > happy!  I saw a metalone for 16.95 and I may go that route if I can't
    > find a better and cheaper.

    Maybe you'll get lucky and find one as a prize at the bottom of your
    next box of Life cereal, Mikie.

    --
    YOP...

    Nervous Nick, Jan 31, 2009
  4. Mikie

    ray Guest

    On Sat, 31 Jan 2009 05:29:46 -0800, Mikie wrote:

    > Hello!
    >
    > I bought an ,'el cheapo' plastic SD Card Reader and I'm afraid it's
    > going to fall apart into a dozen little plastic pieces.
    >
    > Need a recommended reader hopefully made of metal with simple means of
    > inserting the card and inserting the reader into USB port.
    >
    > Mfr, or vendor or serial numbe ror even a model number would make me
    > happy! I saw a metalone for 16.95 and I may go that route if I can't
    > find a better and cheaper.
    >
    > Thanks!
    > Mikie

    I've been happy with a multi-card unit I got from Crucial - also with a
    $10 reader from WalMart.

    ray, Jan 31, 2009
  5. Mikie

    SneakyP Guest

    Mikie <> wrote in news:fd7a5b24-6a61-4f65-8ff0-
    :

    > Hello!
    >
    > I bought an ,'el cheapo' plastic SD Card Reader and I'm afraid it's
    > going to fall apart into a dozen little plastic pieces.
    >
    > Need a recommended reader hopefully made of metal with simple means of
    > inserting the card and inserting the reader into USB port.
    >
    > Mfr, or vendor or serial numbe ror even a model number would make me
    > happy! I saw a metalone for 16.95 and I may go that route if I can't
    > find a better and cheaper.
    >
    > Thanks!
    > Mikie

    Life cerial and pop rocks are your friend.
    Now find a reader that isn't obsolete within a couple of years time.

    --
    SneakyP
    To reply: newsgroup only, what's posted in ng stays in ng.

    Some choose to swim in the potty bowl of nan-ae rather than flush it
    down :0)

    SneakyP, Feb 1, 2009
  6. Mikie

    HerHusband Guest

    > I bought an ,'el cheapo' plastic SD Card Reader and I'm afraid it's
    > going to fall apart into a dozen little plastic pieces.
    > Need a recommended reader hopefully made of metal with simple means of
    > inserting the card and inserting the reader into USB port.

    If you can use an internal card reader, I've been very happy with my Atech
    XM-5U card reader, it supports a variety of flash card formats, including
    XD and the newer SDHC cards used in camcorders and music players.

    Anthony

    HerHusband, Feb 1, 2009