    can't format it either.
    What could be the problem?

    Thanks
    Bob, Feb 28, 2004

  2. Bob

    DAN Guest

    "Eliminate annoying spam!
    My mailbox is protected by iHateSpam, the #1-rated spam buster."

    http://www.ihatespam.net

    "Bob" <...@,,,...> wrote in message news:Uk90c.644041$ts4.298728@pd7tw3no...
    > I have purchased a Sandisk 64MB SD Card for my Palm M130.
    > The problem I'm having is that the Palm doesn't recognize the card and I
    > can't format it either.
    > What could be the problem?
    >
    > Thanks

    Bad sd card?.

    DAN, Feb 28, 2004

  3. Bob

    MrB Guest

    A bad card is likely. Do you have a card reader on your computer or another
    computer on which you can test?

    MrB, Feb 28, 2004
  4. Finding either individual SD cards or even individual brands of cards that
    wont work in particular units is, unfortunately, common.

    Take it back and swap it for one from another manufacturer. Ideally, try it
    out in the shop.

    However, if you plan to use it also in your camera or whatever, be aware
    that it might not work.

    It does seem to be a particular problem with SD cards - perhaps the "secure"
    part of it is a clue! Price doesn't seem to be a factor, I have seen the
    cheapest, unbranded, ones work in everything thrown at them and pricey ones
    only work, say, in a camera.

    eric the seal, Feb 29, 2004
  5. Bob

    Guest Guest

    As noted earlier - try a different brand. I have a Sandisk 64MB compact
    flash card that works great in my camera, a camera at work, and also in a
    card reader, but will not work in a pcmcia card adapter made to adapt the cf
    card to a laptop. Yet, all of the other compact flash cards (Kodak,
    Microtech, and simpletech) I have used work in all equipment. go figure....

    Guest, Feb 29, 2004
  6. Bob

    Bob Guest

    After extensive research and trial and error, I made a little bit of
    progress. I checked the manufacturer's website of Sandisk and it says their
    SD cards is compatible with the M500 series. It doesn't mention anything
    about the M100 series.

    I also went to someone's house and tested the SD card on their PC with a
    card reader and it seems to recognize the card and is able to copy files to
    it.

    Then I tried to insert the SD card a different way. Before I would push the
    card into the M130 and let go of it when it clicked in. Now I tried to push
    the SD card and held it in place with my thumb and low and behold, it
    recognized the card and shows the size and manufacturer and device ID and
    everything. I could also copy files from handheld to card.

    The only problem is, as soon as I let go of the card without holding it in
    place, the card info has some missing information. The manufacturer is
    unknown and the device ID is blank. It still sees a card and the MB size
    which is 59MB. I can go to the card category but the file I copied to it
    earlier seems to have disappeared. I tried reseating the card many times but
    it still gives the same results.

    Whenever I keep pushing the card in with my thumb, and kept tapping Card
    Info and then home and Card Info again repeatedly, the card info is all
    there and I could see the game I copied to the card. It's only when I
    release the card it moves out a bit with a click and then tried to tap Card
    Info again it shows partial information. The game is also gone again. There
    is a delay when the card info comes up. I tried blowing out the dust as you
    suggested and that didn't help.

    Finally, I tried formatting the card while holding the card in place with my
    thumb. It shows 32KB used in the Card Info screen. Then I tap home and tap
    Card Info again and this time it says it used 48KB. I didn't copy anything
    to the card which seems a bit odd.

    I don't know what else to do. Is the card incompatible with my Palm M130 or
    is there something wrong with the Palm's card slot?

    Bob, Feb 29, 2004