    What's the difference between an SD-9 and a duster ?

    The duster is covered in dust and moves along and off the shelf.......the
    SD-9 does not.......

    Betty Swallocks, Nov 20, 2003

  2. Betty Swallocks

    Bill M Guest

    On Thu, 20 Nov 2003 09:31:30 -0000, "Betty Swallocks"
    <> wrote:

    >c'mon guys George is trolling for business again, lets have some SD-9
    >humour, my effort:
    >
    >What's the difference between an SD-9 and a duster ?
    >
    >The duster is covered in dust and moves along and off the shelf.......the
    >SD-9 does not.......

    ok, here's my contribution...

    what's the difference between a curtain and a SD-9 picture?

    fringing belongs on a curtain....

    or...

    what's the difference between a archelogical dig and a SD-9 picture?

    artifacts belong in a archelogical dig...

    I could go on, but want others to have a chance!

    Bill M, Nov 20, 2003

  3. Betty Swallocks

    Browntimdc Guest

    Bill M <> wrote in

    > On Thu, 20 Nov 2003 09:31:30 -0000, "Betty Swallocks"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>c'mon guys George is trolling for business again, lets have some SD-9
    >>humour, my effort:

    [snip]

    What's the difference between the SD-9 and a condom?

    You'll be upset if the condom breaks...

    Tim

    --

    "The strongest human instinct is to impart information,
    and the second strongest is to resist it."

    Kenneth Graham

    Browntimdc, Nov 20, 2003
  4. Betty Swallocks

    MW Guest

    I was out driving around with my SD-9 in the car and I stopped at the
    mall to do some shopping. When I came back to the car, I found that
    somebody had broken the window. And put another SD-9 inside.

    MW, Nov 20, 2003
  5. <quote who= MW email=/>:
    > I was out driving around with my SD-9 in the car and I stopped at the
    > mall to do some shopping. When I came back to the car, I found that
    > somebody had broken the window. And put another SD-9 inside.

    LOL!

    Oh definately the best one yet.

    Justin F. Knotzke

    http://www.shampoo.ca PGP: http://www.shampoo.ca/pubkey.txt
    Colorless green ideas sleep furiously - Noam Chomsky

    Justin F. Knotzke, Nov 20, 2003
  6. Betty Swallocks

    Lisa Horton Guest

    MW wrote:

    > I was out driving around with my SD-9 in the car and I stopped at the
    > mall to do some shopping. When I came back to the car, I found that
    > somebody had broken the window. And put another SD-9 inside.

    Oh my, that's a really good joke. I literally chuckled, then laughed
    out loud :)

    Lisa

    Lisa Horton, Nov 21, 2003
  7. Betty Swallocks

    Annika1980 Guest

    Q: What's the difference between a SD-9 and a bucket of shit?
    A: The bucket

    Q: What is the difference between a SD-9 and a trampoline?
    A: You take off your shoes to jump on a trampoline!

    Q. What kind of car do SD-9 owners prefer?
    A. Jag.

    Q. How many SD-9 owners does it take to change a light bulb?
    A. 3x the number of DSLR owners with Bayer sensors.

    Annika1980, Nov 21, 2003
  8. "Annika1980" <> wrote"

    > Q. What kind of car do SD-9 owners prefer?
    > A. Jag.

    Ooooh. That's nasty.

    > Q. How many SD-9 owners does it take to change a light bulb?
    > A. 3x the number of DSLR owners with Bayer sensors.

    Nice!

    David J. Littleboy
    Tokyo, Japan

    David J. Littleboy, Nov 21, 2003
  9. Betty Swallocks

    K2 Guest

    <> wrote:

    >c'mon guys George is trolling for business again, lets have some SD-9
    >humour, my effort:

    This isn't really about George, though. George has become the
    unfortunate whipping boy for a technology that most people who've seen
    it are embracing as the future of digital photography. The rest of you
    I just don't get.

    But I'd better back off lest I become George II.

    K2

    P.S. "George Preddy" was WWII pilot, if anyone didn't know.
    http://www.aviation-history.com/airmen/preddy.htm

    K2, Nov 21, 2003
  10. "K2" <> wrote in message
    > On Thu, 20 Nov 2003 09:31:30 -0000, "Betty Swallocks"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > >c'mon guys George is trolling for business again, lets have some SD-9
    > >humour, my effort:

    > This isn't really about George, though. George has become the
    > unfortunate whipping boy for a technology that most people who've seen
    > it are embracing as the future of digital photography. The rest of you
    > I just don't get.
    >
    > But I'd better back off lest I become George II.

    Too late. I already hypothesized that you were George under an alias after
    one of your first posts.

    David J. Littleboy
    Tokyo, Japan

    David J. Littleboy, Nov 21, 2003
  11. Betty Swallocks

    K2 Guest

    On Fri, 21 Nov 2003 13:05:50 +0900, "David J. Littleboy"
    <> wrote:

    >"K2" <> wrote in message
    >> On Thu, 20 Nov 2003 09:31:30 -0000, "Betty Swallocks"
    >> <> wrote:
    >>
    >> >c'mon guys George is trolling for business again, lets have some SD-9
    >> >humour, my effort:

    >> This isn't really about George, though. George has become the
    >> unfortunate whipping boy for a technology that most people who've seen
    >> it are embracing as the future of digital photography. The rest of you
    >> I just don't get.
    >>
    >> But I'd better back off lest I become George II.

    >Too late. I already hypothesized that you were George under an alias after
    >one of your first posts.

    That's plain false, and surely you know I'm not the only Foveon fan by
    a long shot. Just about anyone with a clear head and good vision is
    quickly converted to this technological leap.

    Speaking of jokes, wasn't "Little Boy" dropped on a certain country
    that makes cameras?

    K2

    K2, Nov 21, 2003
  12. Betty Swallocks

    Mark Herring Guest

    On Fri, 21 Nov 2003 03:52:42 GMT, K2 <> wrote:

    >On Thu, 20 Nov 2003 09:31:30 -0000, "Betty Swallocks"
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >>c'mon guys George is trolling for business again, lets have some SD-9
    >>humour, my effort:

    >This isn't really about George, though. George has become the
    >unfortunate whipping boy for a technology that most people who've seen
    >it are embracing as the future of digital photography.

    This has got to be one of the most outlandish statements in this whole
    sorry saga. This NG is populated by some of the most sophisticated
    users of technology that I have seen anywhere. The scorecard here on
    Foveon is pretty much the opposite of what you are saying.

    Unless you are George, want to be like him, or just enjoy making a
    fool of yourself, I would suggest engaging brain before activating
    mouth.

    If your next post is not substantive on the specific issues, you'll be
    on my ignore list right along with what's his name.

    >The rest of you
    >I just don't get.
    >
    >But I'd better back off lest I become George II.
    >
    >K2
    >

    >P.S. "George Preddy" was WWII pilot, if anyone didn't know.
    >http://www.aviation-history.com/airmen/preddy.htm

    Did the great WWII ace fly suicide missions? If so, how many??...;)
    **************************
    Mark Herring, Pasadena, Calif.
    Private e-mail: Just say no to "No".

    Mark Herring, Nov 21, 2003
  13. Betty Swallocks

    Mark Herring Guest

    On Fri, 21 Nov 2003 04:23:27 GMT, K2 <> wrote:

    >On Fri, 21 Nov 2003 13:05:50 +0900, "David J. Littleboy"
    ><> wrote:
    >

    >>"K2" <> wrote in message

    >>> This isn't really about George, though. George has become the
    >>> unfortunate whipping boy for a technology that most people who've seen
    >>> it are embracing as the future of digital photography. The rest of you
    >>> I just don't get.
    >>>
    >>> But I'd better back off lest I become George II.

    >>Too late. I already hypothesized that you were George under an alias after
    >>one of your first posts.

    >That's plain false, and surely you know I'm not the only Foveon fan by
    >a long shot. Just about anyone with a clear head and good vision is
    >quickly converted to this technological leap.

    Give us a list of names from this NG---or from any other forum

    >Speaking of jokes, wasn't "Little Boy" dropped on a certain country
    >that makes cameras?

    Really stupid comment--extremely bad taste. Also not obvious what you
    think the relevance is

    >K2

    Walks like a duck, quacks like a duck....Maybe's not a duck, but most
    of us would never know it...

    Bye George, I'm getting a headache---I need an aspirin. My mom said
    always get Bayer.

    Mom's are usually right................

    **************************

    Mark Herring, Nov 21, 2003
  14. Betty Swallocks

    R2D2 Guest

    (Annika1980) wrote in

    > Q: What's the difference between a SD-9 and a bucket of shit?
    > A: The bucket
    >
    > Q: What is the difference between a SD-9 and a trampoline?
    > A: You take off your shoes to jump on a trampoline!
    >
    > Q. What kind of car do SD-9 owners prefer?
    > A. Jag.
    >
    > Q. How many SD-9 owners does it take to change a light bulb?
    > A. 3x the number of DSLR owners with Bayer sensors.

    LMAO

    R2D2, Nov 21, 2003
  15. Betty Swallocks

    K2 Guest

    On Thu, 20 Nov 2003 21:04:28 -0800, Mark Herring
    <> wrote:

    >On Fri, 21 Nov 2003 04:23:27 GMT, K2 <> wrote:
    >
    >>On Fri, 21 Nov 2003 13:05:50 +0900, "David J. Littleboy"
    >><> wrote:
    >>

    >>>"K2" <> wrote in message

    >>>Too late. I already hypothesized that you were George under an alias after
    >>>one of your first posts.

    >>That's plain false, and surely you know I'm not the only Foveon fan by
    >>a long shot. Just about anyone with a clear head and good vision is
    >>quickly converted to this technological leap.

    >Give us a list of names from this NG---or from any other forum

    Since Usenet seems to be full of people with confusing motives, I'll
    let you read the words of professional reviewers and real field users,
    which are almost universally positive. Most of these people probably
    bought the camera based on online sample photos.

    http://www.google.com/search?num=100&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&safe=off&q=foveon sensor review

    Many laymen who post on Usenet don't have a clear idea of what they're
    talking about. Some come just to whine and be devisive about anything
    they latch on to (like movie critics who never give more than 3
    stars). When these types gather in one spot they tend to form bands
    and pick away at an idea until they've forgotten why they even
    started. All this anti-Foveon stuff is a perfect example.

    Nobody's forcing anyone to buy the new sensor, but I think there are
    some people who spent big bucks on Bayer cameras and feel a little
    jealous over the quality of the Foveon shots. So they have come up
    with psychological tricks to make themselves feel better.

    The only reason I haven't bought one is that I'm waiting for it to be
    put in a sealed camera and offer something beyond raw image output. I
    don't like the idea of being restricted to huge files and starved for
    memory space, but that's a Sigma thing, not a Foveon thing.

    K2

    K2, Nov 21, 2003
  16. Betty Swallocks

    Crownfield Guest

    Annika1980 wrote:

    > Q: What's the difference between a SD-9 and a bucket of shit?
    > A: The bucket
    >
    > Q: What is the difference between a SD-9 and a trampoline?
    > A: You take off your shoes to jump on a trampoline!
    >
    > Q. What kind of car do SD-9 owners prefer?
    > A. Jag.
    >
    > Q. How many SD-9 owners does it take to change a light bulb?
    > A. 3x the number of DSLR owners with Bayer sensors.

    and you get the prize!

    Crownfield, Nov 21, 2003
  17. Betty Swallocks

    Mark Herring Guest

    On Fri, 21 Nov 2003 05:47:19 GMT, K2 <> wrote:

    >On Thu, 20 Nov 2003 21:04:28 -0800, Mark Herring
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >>On Fri, 21 Nov 2003 04:23:27 GMT, K2 <> wrote:
    >>
    >>>On Fri, 21 Nov 2003 13:05:50 +0900, "David J. Littleboy"
    >>><> wrote:
    >>>

    >Many laymen who post on Usenet don't have a clear idea of what they're
    >talking about. Some come just to whine and be devisive about anything
    >they latch on to (like movie critics who never give more than 3
    >stars). When these types gather in one spot they tend to form bands
    >and pick away at an idea until they've forgotten why they even
    >started. All this anti-Foveon stuff is a perfect example.

    Boy---are you off-base.
    First, please know that I am an imaging professional--I manage the
    development of all manner of imaging systems for the space program.
    Mind you, I am not a card-carrying expert on all the nuances of
    technology, but I am reasonably adept at assessing whether someone is
    making sense.
    The people who have pointed out the flaws in the Foveon arguments are
    nothing like your image above. By and large, they have either had
    some fairly specific technical point, or they have simply said they
    did not like the look of the pictures.
    I have watched a LOT of issues discussed here. You will find
    differences of opinion, a few trolls, flakes, and riff-raff, but there
    is always diversity. I have NEVER seen the kind of mob psychology
    that you imply.
    Quite simply, the sheer number of responses containing some reference
    to a deficiency in the Foveon is pretty clear evidence that the issues
    are real. We are not stupid here.

    **************************

    Mark Herring, Nov 21, 2003
  18. "K2" <> wrote in message
    SNIP
    > Since Usenet seems to be full of people with confusing motives, I'll
    > let you read the words of professional reviewers and real field users,
    > which are almost universally positive. Most of these people probably
    > bought the camera based on online sample photos.

    What do you base that "probably" on? Wishful thinking, factual information?

    Bart

    Bart van der Wolf, Nov 21, 2003
  19. Betty Swallocks

    Darrell Guest

    SD-9 ... the digital Practika

    Darrell, Nov 21, 2003
  20. Betty Swallocks

    Guest

    In message <>,
    K2 <> wrote:

    >Nobody's forcing anyone to buy the new sensor, but I think there are
    >some people who spent big bucks on Bayer cameras and feel a little
    >jealous over the quality of the Foveon shots. So they have come up
    >with psychological tricks to make themselves feel better.

    Nonsense. I am appalled by the jaggies, mirror frequencies, and false
    pixel-border edges created by the foveon used without a proper
    anti-aliasing filter. The color resolution is obviously higher in the
    SD9 than my 10D, but the color *accuracy* is much higher in the 10D.
    Who needs higher frequency color, at the expense of accuracy, when your
    perceptual system can't even appreciate that resolution, anyway?

    Have you taken your favorite SD9 shot, yet, duplicated it and pixellated
    or blurred the chroma channel(s) only in one, and luminance only in the
    other? Go ahead, it's a real eye-opener. You can not speak
    intelligently on the subject until you understand that we can not
    appreciate high color frequency in normal vision.
    --

    John P Sheehy <>

    , Nov 21, 2003