    Does any one have any ideas???

    Thank you!

    Chris R.

    =?Utf-8?B?Y3JvZGdlcnM3OQ==?=, May 25, 2005

  2. "crodgers79" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Since this product is based upon a Server Edition I was sure that there
    > would be rich SCSI support. I have an Adaptec 2940AU SCSI adapter which is
    > very common SCSI adapter whose chipset is used in other models as well,
    > however I can find no XP 64 driver support for that product. The adapter
    > is
    > used to connect an HP SCSI flat-bed scanner which does have a WIA driver,
    > but
    > without SCSI adapter support, the whole mess is useless.
    >
    > Does any one have any ideas???

    For driver issues you should contact the card or chipset manufacturer for
    their statement of support for their products under the x64 64-bit version
    of Windows.

    As a point of note - Windows Server 2003 is not listed as a supported
    operating system for this very old product.
    http://www.adaptec.com/worldwide/su...key=AHA-2940AU&cat=/Product/AHA-2940AU#suppOS

    --

    Regards,

    Mike
    --
    Mike Brannigan [Microsoft]

    rights

    newsgroups

    Mike Brannigan [MSFT], May 25, 2005

  3. A newer card, I'm afraid. That is a very old card, and hasn't been on the
    list of supported adapters since at least the shipping of Windows Server 2k3.
    OTOH, Adaptec has often provided updated drivers even for older cards, so
    it's worth checking with them.

    --
    Charlie.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, May 25, 2005
  4. =?Utf-8?B?Y3JvZGdlcnM3OQ==?=

    M. Murcek Guest

    No drivers newer than Win2K for this one. That's a sign it's probably not
    going to see XP x64 support (but I don't work for Adaptec, so that's
    certainly not authoratative) It IS a pretty old card...

    M. Murcek, May 25, 2005
  5. "crodgers79" <> a écrit dans le message
    de news: ...
    > Since this product is based upon a Server Edition I was sure that there
    > would be rich SCSI support. I have an Adaptec 2940AU SCSI adapter which is
    > very common SCSI adapter whose chipset is used in other models as well,
    > however I can find no XP 64 driver support for that product. The adapter
    > is
    > used to connect an HP SCSI flat-bed scanner which does have a WIA driver,
    > but
    > without SCSI adapter support, the whole mess is useless.
    >
    > Does any one have any ideas???

    2940AU is unsupported.
    But like somes other 2940, it's based on 78XX chip.

    Here is anything, unsupported, which you can try :
    You can try "force" the device manager and select
    "Adaptec AHA-2940U/2940UW/2940D PCI SCSI Controller"

    you can also try edit WINDOWS\inf\pnpscsi.inf (with notepad.exe, and after
    backup original file)

    under the line
    %PCI\VEN_9004&DEV_8178.DeviceDesc% = aic78xx_Inst, PCI\VEN_9004&DEV_8178
    add the line :
    %PCI\VEN_9004&DEV_6178.DeviceDesc% = aic78xx_Inst, PCI\VEN_9004&DEV_6178

    and under the line
    PCI\VEN_9004&DEV_8178.DeviceDesc = "Adaptec AHA-2940U/2940UW/2940D PCI SCSI
    Controller"
    add the two lines::
    PCI\VEN_9004&DEV_6178.DeviceDesc = "Adaptec AHA-2940AU PCI SCSI Controller"

    Of course, this is without official support.
    Tell us if this solves your problem !

    Gilles Vollant, Jun 10, 2005