    that my only alternative is to get a PCI SCSI adapter and plug the
    hard drives into my non-SCSI systen and copy the files. I would like
    the Guru's thoughts as to this idea. Thanks.
    Scribner, Dec 29, 2010

  2. Scribner

    Parko Guest

    On Tue, 28 Dec 2010 19:51:51 -0800, Scribner wrote:

    > So I feel that my only alternative is to get a PCI SCSI
    > adapter and plug the hard drives into my non-SCSI systen and copy the
    > files. I would like the Guru's thoughts as to this idea. Thanks.

    Stupid idea. Just use this:
    http://www.pogostick.net/~pnh/ntpasswd/

    --
    Oh, bugger!
    Parko, Dec 29, 2010

  3. Scribner

    Scribner Guest

    Not a stupid idea. However, there is no input. There are no floppies
    or CD's. The BIOS is not accessible. The USB doesn't activate until
    Windows is active.

    Scribner, Dec 29, 2010
  4. Scribner

    philo Guest

    On 12/29/2010 09:12 AM, Scribner wrote:
    > Not a stupid idea. However, there is no input. There are no floppies
    > or CD's. The BIOS is not accessible. The USB doesn't activate until
    > Windows is active.
    >

    > On Wed, 29 Dec 2010 11:26:57 +0000 (UTC), Parko
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> On Tue, 28 Dec 2010 19:51:51 -0800, Scribner wrote:
    >>
    >>> So I feel that my only alternative is to get a PCI SCSI
    >>> adapter and plug the hard drives into my non-SCSI systen and copy the
    >>> files. I would like the Guru's thoughts as to this idea. Thanks.

    >> Stupid idea. Just use this:
    >> http://www.pogostick.net/~pnh/ntpasswd/

    I vote for the password utility

    I'd add a floppy or cdrom.

    The very act of changing the hardware should force the machine to
    request the bios setup.
    philo, Dec 29, 2010
  5. Scribner

    Scribner Guest

    On Wed, 29 Dec 2010 15:18:57 -0600, philo <> wrote:

    >On 12/29/2010 09:12 AM, Scribner wrote:
    >> Not a stupid idea. However, there is no input. There are no floppies
    >> or CD's. The BIOS is not accessible. The USB doesn't activate until
    >> Windows is active.
    >>

    >> On Wed, 29 Dec 2010 11:26:57 +0000 (UTC), Parko
    >> <> wrote:

    >>> Stupid idea. Just use this:
    >>> http://www.pogostick.net/~pnh/ntpasswd/

    >I vote for the password utility
    >
    >I'd add a floppy or cdrom.
    >
    >The very act of changing the hardware should force the machine to
    >request the bios setup.

    By sitting on the floor, we found a hidden floppy and CD-ROM drive. I
    used the above-mentioned utility but it didn't see the hard drives. So
    it wasn't helpful.
    Scribner, Dec 30, 2010
  6. Scribner

    Scribner Guest

    On Wed, 29 Dec 2010 08:38:46 -0700, §nühw¤£f <>
    wrote:

    >In message <>, Scribner pondered the
    >following:
    >> Not a stupid idea. However, there is no input. There are no floppies
    >> or CD's. The BIOS is not accessible. The USB doesn't activate until
    >> Windows is active.
    >>

    >you said you connected it to a NEW mobo. Does the mobo not have a way for you
    >to access the BIOS?
    >In the BIOS; change the boot order.
    >Oh, and dont post your replies at the top: its AWKWARD.
    >

    >> On Wed, 29 Dec 2010 11:26:57 +0000 (UTC), Parko
    >> <> wrote:

    >> >Stupid idea. Just use this:
    >> >http://www.pogostick.net/~pnh/ntpasswd/

    Nope. Not a new mobo. It is at least 10 years old. A Compaq server.
    I put the SCSI drives into a XP computer and the computer read the
    drive but the files were zeroed out.
    Scribner, Dec 30, 2010
  7. Scribner

    philo Guest

    On 12/29/2010 09:12 AM, Scribner wrote:
    > Not a stupid idea. However, there is no input. There are no floppies
    > or CD's. The BIOS is not accessible. The USB doesn't activate until
    > Windows is active.
    >

    > On Wed, 29 Dec 2010 11:26:57 +0000 (UTC), Parko
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> On Tue, 28 Dec 2010 19:51:51 -0800, Scribner wrote:
    >>
    >>> So I feel that my only alternative is to get a PCI SCSI
    >>> adapter and plug the hard drives into my non-SCSI systen and copy the
    >>> files. I would like the Guru's thoughts as to this idea. Thanks.

    >> Stupid idea. Just use this:
    >> http://www.pogostick.net/~pnh/ntpasswd/

    you will need a scsi support boot cd

    such as this maybe

    http://www.nu2.nu/bootdisk/cdrom/
    philo, Dec 30, 2010
  8. Scribner

    Scribner Guest

    On Thu, 30 Dec 2010 15:38:19 -0600, philo <> wrote:

    >On 12/29/2010 09:12 AM, Scribner wrote:
    >> Not a stupid idea. However, there is no input. There are no floppies
    >> or CD's. The BIOS is not accessible. The USB doesn't activate until
    >> Windows is active.
    >>

    >> On Wed, 29 Dec 2010 11:26:57 +0000 (UTC), Parko
    >> <> wrote:

    >>> Stupid idea. Just use this:
    >>> http://www.pogostick.net/~pnh/ntpasswd/

    >you will need a scsi support boot cd
    >
    >such as this maybe
    >
    >http://www.nu2.nu/bootdisk/cdrom/

    Thanks. I cracked it. :cool:.
    Scribner, Dec 31, 2010
  9. Scribner

    philo Guest

    On 12/30/2010 09:45 PM, Scribner wrote:
    > On Thu, 30 Dec 2010 15:38:19 -0600, philo<> wrote:
    >
    >> On 12/29/2010 09:12 AM, Scribner wrote:
    >>> Not a stupid idea. However, there is no input. There are no floppies
    >>> or CD's. The BIOS is not accessible. The USB doesn't activate until
    >>> Windows is active.

    >> you will need a scsi support boot cd
    >>
    >> such as this maybe
    >>
    >> http://www.nu2.nu/bootdisk/cdrom/

    > Thanks. I cracked it. :cool:.

    Excellent!

    Glad it worked and thanks for posting back with the results.
    philo, Dec 31, 2010