    Can someone tell me anything about them?
    Is it any good to me, can I use it?
    TIA
    sam, Sep 12, 2003

  2. sam

    Petit Alexi Guest

    "sam" <> wrote in news:AFf8b.96389$bo1.40686@news-
    server.bigpond.net.au:

    > Just recently started playing with computers.
    > Cheap second hand one I purchased has a 1.08gig
    > SCSI hard drive.
    > Can someone tell me anything about them?
    > Is it any good to me, can I use it?

    All hard drives have good magnets in.

    If the computer is working you might consider something like Smoothwall.

    But unless you have some other computer with scsi (IBM ps2?) the drive
    isn't any use. Buying a scsi controller is possibly going to cost as much
    as buying a new 40 Gb drive.
    Petit Alexi, Sep 12, 2003

  3. sam

    jeroen Guest

    In article <AFf8b.96389$>,
    says...
    > Just recently started playing with computers.
    > Cheap second hand one I purchased has a 1.08gig
    > SCSI hard drive.
    > Can someone tell me anything about them?
    > Is it any good to me, can I use it?
    > TIA

    A scsi harddisk needs a scsi controller. If you can recycle the old one
    then possibly it's of use.

    Otherwise you can use it as a server/firewall. Smoothwall, e-smith,
    clarkconnect, all run fine on minimal hardware.

    --
    Met vriendelijke groeten/Best regards
    Jeroen Wijnands
    jeroen, Sep 12, 2003