    drive??
    Thanks for any info.
    Keith
    Keith Girdley, Oct 9, 2004

  2. Keith Girdley

    HF Guest

    By the price for a start!!!!Also a use of your search button or look at
    www.howstuffworks.com or www.askjeeves.com Neither is a wind up but genuine
    sites. Also there is www.pctechguide.com

    "Keith Girdley" <> wrote in message
    > How do i tell the difference between a scsi hard drive and an eide hard
    > drive??
    > Thanks for any info.
    > Keith

    ---
    HF, Oct 9, 2004

  3. Keith Girdley

    derek / nul Guest

    An IDE drive has 40 pins
    A scsi drive has 50, or greater pins depending on 8 or 16 bit interface.

    derek / nul, Oct 9, 2004
  4. Keith Girdley

    keithgirdley Guest

    thanks for the good information.
    keith

    keithgirdley, Oct 14, 2004
  5. The most common pin are as follows

    floppy 34 pin
    ide 40 pin
    scsi-wide 68 pin
    sca 80 pin

    I sell many of these drives. Check out my site for more information...

    www.yesterdaypc.com
    www.YesterdayPC.com, Oct 15, 2004