    combination, but it doesn't work.

    Regards,
    Johan

    Johan, Jan 14, 2005

  2. Johan

    Ed Mullen Guest

    Johan wrote:

    > One thing that annoys me that I can't find answer to: Shouldn't it be
    > possible in the year 2005 using Thunderbird 1.0 to select an e-mail (or
    > newsgroup) and then scroll down the text only using the keyboard?
    >
    > I think Shift+Arrow down, Ctrl+Arrow down or similar would be a logical
    > combination, but it doesn't work.
    >
    > Regards,
    > Johan

    Unless I'm misunderstanding you, the arrow keys work fine to scroll the
    message pane once it's got focus. If the message header pane has focus
    the arrow keys will scroll through the headers. If the account
    selection pane is focused, ditto.

    When I select a message in the header pane I immediately give focus
    (mouse click or hit TAB three times) to the message pane. I can then use
    the arrow keys or my mouse wheel to scroll.

    --
    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net

    Ed Mullen, Jan 14, 2005

  3. Johan

    Johan Guest

    Ed Mullen wrote:
    > Johan wrote:
    >
    >> One thing that annoys me that I can't find answer to: Shouldn't it be
    >> possible in the year 2005 using Thunderbird 1.0 to select an e-mail
    >> (or newsgroup) and then scroll down the text only using the keyboard?
    >>
    >> I think Shift+Arrow down, Ctrl+Arrow down or similar would be a
    >> logical combination, but it doesn't work.
    >>
    >> Regards,
    >> Johan

    > Unless I'm misunderstanding you, the arrow keys work fine to scroll the
    > message pane once it's got focus. If the message header pane has focus
    > the arrow keys will scroll through the headers. If the account
    > selection pane is focused, ditto.
    >
    > When I select a message in the header pane I immediately give focus
    > (mouse click or hit TAB three times) to the message pane. I can then use
    > the arrow keys or my mouse wheel to scroll.

    Yeah, you're right, that's a way to do it. But there will be a lot of
    tabbing...

    How about if arrow up and down would scroll between messages (headers)
    and arrow left and right would scroll within messages? As it is now, up
    and down does the same thing as left and right. Such a waste of keys... :)

    Johan, Jan 14, 2005
  4. Johan

    Johan Guest

    Johan wrote:
    > Ed Mullen wrote:
    >
    >> Johan wrote:
    >>
    >>> One thing that annoys me that I can't find answer to: Shouldn't it be
    >>> possible in the year 2005 using Thunderbird 1.0 to select an e-mail
    >>> (or newsgroup) and then scroll down the text only using the keyboard?
    >>>
    >>> I think Shift+Arrow down, Ctrl+Arrow down or similar would be a
    >>> logical combination, but it doesn't work.
    >>>
    >>> Regards,
    >>> Johan

    >> Unless I'm misunderstanding you, the arrow keys work fine to scroll
    >> the message pane once it's got focus. If the message header pane has
    >> focus the arrow keys will scroll through the headers. If the account
    >> selection pane is focused, ditto.
    >>
    >> When I select a message in the header pane I immediately give focus
    >> (mouse click or hit TAB three times) to the message pane. I can then
    >> use the arrow keys or my mouse wheel to scroll.

    > Yeah, you're right, that's a way to do it. But there will be a lot of
    > tabbing...
    >
    > How about if arrow up and down would scroll between messages (headers)
    > and arrow left and right would scroll within messages? As it is now, up
    > and down does the same thing as left and right. Such a waste of keys... :)

    Okay, correction: up-down and left-right does not do the same thing..

    Johan, Jan 14, 2005