    and will go all the way down or up, depending on the mouse motion. I
    have checked for viruses and even changed the mouse. Any ideas? please
    help.

    john, May 20, 2006

  2. john wrote:
    > I have a problem with scrolling. When I try to scroll , either by
    > scroll bar or just by rolling the mouse, the screen has wild movements
    > and will go all the way down or up, depending on the mouse motion. I
    > have checked for viruses and even changed the mouse. Any ideas? please
    > help.

    Stop scrolling until the problem clears up, then limit scrolling to to
    after meals only.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Brian_H=B9=A9?=, May 20, 2006

  3. john

    Toolman Tim Guest

    In news:v6Kbg.5282$,
    Brian H¹© spewed forth:
    > john wrote:
    >> I have a problem with scrolling. When I try to scroll , either by
    >> scroll bar or just by rolling the mouse, the screen has wild
    >> movements and will go all the way down or up, depending on the mouse
    >> motion. I have checked for viruses and even changed the mouse. Any
    >> ideas? please help.
    >>

    > Stop scrolling until the problem clears up, then limit scrolling to to
    > after meals only.

    LOL <g>

    --
    If you smoke after sex, you're doing it too fast.

    Toolman Tim, May 20, 2006
  4. john wrote:

    > I have a problem with scrolling. When I try to scroll , either by
    > scroll bar or just by rolling the mouse, the screen has wild
    > movements and will go all the way down or up, depending on the mouse
    > motion. I have checked for viruses and even changed the mouse. Any
    > ideas? please help.

    What software are you using when this occurs? A word processor, working
    on a picture in a graphical editor, your browser? Does it occur in any
    other software other than the one you didn't mention?

    Besides a new mouse, have you checked and/or updated the drivers for the
    mouse in use? Maybe video driver as well?

    --
    -bts
    -Warning: I brake for lawn deer

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, May 20, 2006
  5. john

    john Guest

    That was real funny. Stupid people can sometimes act funny.

    john, May 21, 2006
  6. john

    Mara Guest

    On 20 May 2006 17:01:19 -0700, "john" <> wrote:

    >That was real funny. Stupid people can sometimes act funny.

    You mean, as in not quoting the post they're replying to? :)

    "Yeah, that *does* make them look clueless."

    --
    www.jlaforums.com, among other sites, steals usenet newsgroup posts, and tries to
    mislead the public into thinking the posts come from them. They do not. If you see this sig,

    Mara, May 21, 2006
  7. john

    Thip Guest

    "john" <> wrote in message
    >I have a problem with scrolling. When I try to scroll , either by
    > scroll bar or just by rolling the mouse, the screen has wild movements
    > and will go all the way down or up, depending on the mouse motion. I
    > have checked for viruses and even changed the mouse. Any ideas? please
    > help.

    The only thing I can think of is the obvious: Have you gone into Control
    Panel>Mouse and checked the Wheel options?

    Thip, May 21, 2006
  8. john

    john Guest

    Yes I did that. Everything seems to be working.I even tried different
    wheel options.

    john, May 21, 2006