    the control panel and found that the wheel mouse is set to scroll one page
    but there is nothing about left clicks. This is a minor annoyance but any
    help would be appreciated.
    Fred Miller, Dec 11, 2003

  2. Fred Miller

    Night_Seer Guest

    Fred Miller wrote:
    > Running XP Pro on my Dell Laptop with 1.6 MHZ mobile processor and a
    > docking station with an MS wireless blue mouse thru a USB connection.
    >
    > Until yesterday when I put the cursor on the scroll bar and clicked
    > the left button once it would jump down one page. Now for some
    > reason when I left click it scrolls down about 1 and a half pages.
    > Went to mouse properties in the control panel and found that the
    > wheel mouse is set to scroll one page but there is nothing about left
    > clicks. This is a minor annoyance but any help would be appreciated.

    I read about this....its a new "fix" by Microsoft that broke mouse
    scrolling. Basically when you click close to the scroll marker, it
    moves a page, if you click farther away, it scrolls 2 pages. It was
    included in one of the latest XP updates, without your knowledge.
    There's really nothing to be done about it. I suggest either using the
    page up page down, or the spacebar in a browser works just as well.
    Sorry.

    --
    Night_Seer
    Night_Seer, Dec 11, 2003

  3. Fred Miller

    Night_Seer Guest

    Night_Seer wrote:
    > Fred Miller wrote:
    >> Running XP Pro on my Dell Laptop with 1.6 MHZ mobile processor and a
    >> docking station with an MS wireless blue mouse thru a USB connection.
    >>
    >> Until yesterday when I put the cursor on the scroll bar and clicked
    >> the left button once it would jump down one page. Now for some
    >> reason when I left click it scrolls down about 1 and a half pages.
    >> Went to mouse properties in the control panel and found that the
    >> wheel mouse is set to scroll one page but there is nothing about left
    >> clicks. This is a minor annoyance but any help would be
    >> appreciated.

    > I read about this....its a new "fix" by Microsoft that broke mouse
    > scrolling. Basically when you click close to the scroll marker, it
    > moves a page, if you click farther away, it scrolls 2 pages. It was
    > included in one of the latest XP updates, without your knowledge.
    > There's really nothing to be done about it. I suggest either using
    > the page up page down, or the spacebar in a browser works just as
    > well. Sorry.

    What I mean is it broke single page mouse scrolling as you can't
    leave your cursor at the bottom anymore and scroll a page at a time just
    by clicking, you have to move the cursor everytime to just below the
    marker...other than that the scrolling still works.

    --
    Night_Seer
    Night_Seer, Dec 11, 2003
  4. Fred Miller

    Thor Guest

    > What I mean is it broke single page mouse scrolling as you can't
    > leave your cursor at the bottom anymore and scroll a page at a time just
    > by clicking, you have to move the cursor everytime to just below the
    > marker...other than that the scrolling still works.

    Bah! Thats what the scrollwheel was invented for. :)
    Thor, Dec 11, 2003
  5. Fred Miller

    Night_Seer Guest

    Thor wrote:
    >> What I mean is it broke single page mouse scrolling as you can't
    >> leave your cursor at the bottom anymore and scroll a page at a time
    >> just by clicking, you have to move the cursor everytime to just
    >> below the marker...other than that the scrolling still works.

    > Bah! Thats what the scrollwheel was invented for. :)

    Heh...yeah, I don't have this problem...I always use the sroll
    whee...heck set it to scroll a page at a time :). Anyways, I heard some
    people complain for that specific reason, and I can see where they are
    coming from. But there are numerous ways around it.

    --
    Night_Seer
    Night_Seer, Dec 11, 2003